Total time spent in the service of WTS - how much is it worth?

by teel 9 Replies latest jw friends

• teel
    teel

Let me share a little calculation I did for "fun":

I was in for 10 whole years. There were 5 meetings per week (I just got out before BS was dropped), preparing, travel, socializing after meetings etc. that's 8 hours. Studying for meetings, reading magazines, books, about 3 hours per week (hey, I wasn't exactly a model JW). In average I did 5 hours FS per month (yep, I definitely wasn't a model...) with preparing, studying, travel, FS meetings, etc. that's about 8 hours per month.

That means in a year I spent (8+3)*52 + 8*12 = 668 hours, in my lifetime that's 6680 hours purely for worshipping the GB. Let's take an average hourly wage of $19 - that means that my temporary insanity has made me donate about $126 920 worth to the WTS (not counting the actual monetary donations). I'm cured now - may I please have that back? Either in form of time, or money?

I'm sure this calculation would result huge sums to many of you. I was a modest donor - at least I have less to feel sorry for.

• HayDay
    HayDay

How do you arrive at 19.00 hourly wage? That's definitly not average from where I'm from, try 10.00 (only because all those Witnesses didn't have an education in order to make any more than minimum wages)

• teel
    teel

HayDay, since I live far from US, and knowing most of JWN members are from there, I searched the net for average US hourly wage to make the result more "personal". The $19 value is from this site: http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=773&count=all

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All the time I wasted in servitude to the GB X money?

Beyond price! Even a cool million quid would not be compensation enough for having me listen to and pedal watchtower lies and propoganda.

How do you calculate 50 years?

• clarity
    clarity

Punkofnice - exactly!

c

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

Nevermind time lost slaving for the GB.... what about priceless moments that could have been enjoyed with unbelieving family members, like b'days and other family occasions? We've lost out on so much! Wah

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My entire Childhood and TeenAge years were Donated to the WBT$.....Thanks mom and dad..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

But in terms of what it actually accomplishes - very, very little to nothing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's see--6 hours a week just for boasting sessions, and probably closer to 7 or 8 if you include the time it takes to actually prepare (getting that damn suit on) and get there. Add another 4 hours, including getting ready, if you go out in field circus just once a week. That is 10 hours a week, and if you include the a$$emblies you are looking at at something close to 650 hours a year wasted on being a witless. At 2.69 ounces of silver an hour (which is hyperinflation-proof, so it doesn't lose its value with time), you are looking at 1,748 1/2 ounces of silver just for the time you waste on the witlesses IN ONE YEAR. How would you like that much silver from the Washtowel Slaveholdery?

And that doesn't even include time wasted pio-sneering, at hounder's meetings, and extra volunteer work you get snagged to do. If you are a hounder or a child of one (or spouse), you are easily looking at another 15 or more hours a week doing extra duties on top of the 12 you waste as a regular witless. And it doesn't include not being allowed to listen to your favorite music or watch your favorite TV shows, the dorkhood in school, missing out on "worshiping the sun and the Devil", not being able to have birthdays, no camping trips, no after-school activities, no college, no after-school work, the flunked tests because of staying up until 10 PM on test night or no study time because of field circus, or being dragged out in field circus during times outside regular field circus. Or the money wasted with the gas donations, suit dry cleanings, or eating at McDonalds every day for lunch. Pio-sneers waste even more of their time being witlesses.

Which is a lot of silver. Personally, I think they owe me 300 million ounces of the stuff, and that was just for the basics and being scammed into doing something for a God that proved wholly unworthy of my worship. And it could easily have been 45 billion ounces, or more, for anyone that is born-in and had their whole lives fxxxed up by the religion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Outlaw , you sound really pissed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit