Pirate News

by free2beme 3 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

As news hits again today, that pirates have taken another family off the Somalia coast. I am wondering, is it really possible in 2011 that people in this world have not gotten news that this is a bad place to sail? I mean, come on people, it is a troubled part of the world and even the military is having a hard time policing it. Perhaps it would be a good time to second guess sailing in this area, as the next story about you will be; captured, held for ransom or killed. Personally, I think the ocean is a big place and there are a lot of other places one could think to sail, that are safer and less known for pirates.

Seriously though, does it not shock you when you read someone else sailed in this area with a family or by themselves? Knowing all we have known about this area for years now?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I always wonder what they're thinking. They must believe they're untouchable, it happens to everyone else but not to them.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I completely agree. The world is a huge place - there are plenty of other places these people could be sailing.

Avoid the area. How hard is it to do?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As a Pittsburgh Pirates fan I feel we have it much worse. At least these pirates put people out of their misery and don't hold them hostage for 18 years...

In all seriousness though, I agree. Why do people continue to frequent that area? Common sense should dictate not to sail there. The earth is 70% water. Surely, there is somewhere else they can sail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit