Cast Away(Tom Hanks) and resurection

by frigginconfused 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

In cast away with Tom Hanks he gets stranded on a deserted island after a plane crash. He is gone 4 years so his wife thinks hes dead and remarries and has a kid.

He gets rescued and comes back to find his wife is remarried.

Sounds very similar to getting ressurected and finding your wife has a whole new familly.

But the ressurected will be as angels not marrying or having children. I still dont get this. Something in my heart says this is tied to Adam and Eve putting on skins. Like we werent tottally physical before or something.

Feels like an answer is there. But what is it?

Please for the love of god save all the no such thing as god comments. I get that veiwpoint. But that dont help me none.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I don't think you ever saw the movie. They were never married. Engaged yes...

• mrquik
    mrquik

It was always Jehovah's purpose for the earth to be filled with humankind. Jesus in his rebuke to the Pharisees was talking of those who were to be resurrected to heaven. To instill in man the desire to procreate only to deny it in a Paradise is totally illogical & is not scriptural. You can bet on marriage & sex.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My wife recalls that she bawled as a young girl when she discovered in a WT study that she could lose her husband and no longer be married to him in the "new system".

What funny things we believed to be so comforting, eh?

I think she finds more comfort now thinking this life may be all there is. At least there isn't an omniscient being who sees fit for a long, happy marriage to be annulled upon death and resurrection.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It really is easy:

You are trying to think logically; logic and religious belief don't mix. They are on different levels.

Religions are filled with symbols and legend; the abrahamic faiths, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, are unique in that they insist that the stories are real, not myth.

That is what is giving you trouble; you should not take it literally.

Seriously, yes, but not literally.

• moshe
    moshe

You have upset yourself over a Biblical paradox. Humans hate a paradox as no amount of human logic can produce a right answer. The question is: are there paradoxes for God? If there are, then God isn't God, but the Bible says were are produced in God's image, so if humans are vexed by unsolvable paradoxes, then we got that from God, but then that is a paradox in itself-- damn, I'm right back where I started-- confused. The Bible does that to us sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit