New member - my story

by Millions 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello millions---i'm on the Isle of Wight, ive just bumped a thread about UK members for you to see.

welcome to the site!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great post number 1. I will say "WELCOME" and mark this to read the other posts on your thread later. WOO HOO for you.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I found myself thinking, 'I actually have a choice this Sunday morning, I can choose whether to go to the meeting or not!' So I started to miss meetings now and then, deliberately.

I feel for those still imprisoned by that obligation of 99%+ attendance record at all meetings. JWs are made to feel like its' a mortal sin to miss.

Enjoy your freedom & welcome.

• Millions
    Millions

Thanks to all who have replied since my last post, it's great to see. If anyone wants more info on the Data Protection business, feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help. I'm no expert but at least it worked.

thanks for the bump bigmac, will check it out.

JW GoneBad I remember one Sunday morning a young sister in my home congregation wasn't there, she had gone to watch the tennis at Wimbledon. She might as well have pissed on the speaker's leg during the opening prayer people were so shocked. I just remember thinking "We're never allowed to miss the meeting" and feeling jealous :D

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• Farkel
    Farkel

millions,

You have a gift for writing.

This caught my eye and reminded me of a recent cartoon I saw in the newspaper:

: Most importantly, I have started to view people as my fellow humans, not as part of 'the world'. It is so damaging to go through life viewing everyone outside the 6 million or so Witnesses as cannon fodder for Jesus. Waiting for the day that fire and sulphur start raining down upon the wicked, while we stay safe in our homes or KHs or in white bubbles of holy protection, whatever.

The caption in the cartoon said (paraphrased), "Just because the Bible said the meek would inherit the earth, it didn't say you should take dibs now on all the stuff that would be left when you do."

That is exactly what myself and others did as selfish, materialistic dubs back when I was a braindead Watchtower moron. I had my mansion and cars picked out and couldn't wait to take possession of them after Jehovah bashed out the brains of the father, mother and children who lived in that home!

What idiocy!

Farkel

• Joliette
    Joliette

Welcome 'Millions.' Get ready for a ride you will never forget.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Millions, welcome to the forum.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Welcome Millions! You're off to a great start here. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

• 2pink
    2pink

Welcome! Love your posts...very well written!

I totally agree with you on death being preferable to living forever with JWs. I've even told my JW family the same. IF they are right (they aren't) and Armageddon does come (it won't) and only JWs survive (bahahaha), then I will gladly accept death that day with a smile on my face because I made the most of my life while I had the chance. And honestly, thinking of my life consisting of eating watermelon and grapes while listening to elders bullsh*t for eternity gives me an eye twtich. Eff that!

On the education bit...GO FOR IT! I went back shortly after we left. I was 31, so a bit older than the normal college crowd. I've been going for a little over a year now and am really truly enjoying every minute. I've learned so much this past year, and not just from my textbooks, but from fellow students, and some surprising tidbits from myself. I'm enjoying it all so much that I think I'll be one of those people who is always enrolled in a class or two, for nothing more than just fun. :)

Best of luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit