Safehouse?

by DocBob 5 Replies latest jw friends

• DocBob
    DocBob

Just throwing this out for feedback. Do you think there would be much call for a safehouse for people escaping abusive/cult situations? Looking for ideas for locations, financing, other considerations.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

IDK why there's not any comments on this post- it's a good question and it would help a lot to have this as a known resource for ones that are trying to break away.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If I ever came into a bit of money this is the sort of thing I'd love to get involved with. Either that or a scholarship fund for ex-JWs who want to get themselves an education.

• somebody
    somebody

Hi DocBob! Nice to "see" you again! I hope you and yours are well.

I don't know if you've ever met Bob and Judy Pardon, but they opened Meadow Haven about ....9 years ago maybe? Harold and I attended meetings there every other Saturday and the meetings helped in so many ways. I could not believe the cults some of the victims were getting out of either. It was very sad, but they finally had a safe place to go in exiting and got couseling too. This guy has almost one full wall of JW litirature including the volumes of Studies In Scriptures and the Harp of God! Those books were great to look through...lol.

Anyhoo....maybe you can contact him for advice in what the best way to get funding is to start out or jsut get together to chat about what needs to be done and where to start. He and his wife are great loving people!

Here's the link to Meadowhaven.... in Lakeville MASS.

http://www.meadowhaven.org/people.html

peace,

somebody/gwen

• oompa
    oompa

i watched a pbs documentary on hasidic jews in nyc...they are even worse than jw in many ways...they dont have to knock on doors but youth get no movies and im pretty sure no tv...when they start to question or want out they are kicked out of their homes literally....so there are some safe houses for these teens set up by one who was kicked out and is now older....they needed more safe houses as i think there about 10 living in one apartment........i hate all cults and controlling religions...god they can mess you up......oompa

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Also the Hasidds must only marry within the sect and the gene pool is s m a l l

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit