diy book scanner

by Fistandantilus 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Fistandantilus
    Fistandantilus

www.diybookscanner.org

anyone use one of these, i have hundreds of books worth thousands, only prob is i cant read them, no time however i have been able to read some on my iphone and kindle, i need a way to digitize my library, i own jim pentons books ray franz and many others i havent been able to read many (save for franz) because ive been so busy, im trying to find a way to get them digitized this book scanner looks pretty good, im going to build one i think, others with pdfs how did u make them, and is it legal to download pdfs of what i already own?

• satinka
    satinka

What I see here is copyright infringement.

It's illegal.

• satinka
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It really depends on where you are but in the US a s a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years. For an anonymous work, a pseudonymous work, or a work made for hire (which would be the Watchtower publications), the copyright endures for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first.

The terms are different in Europe and elsewhere. You can make your own copies (backups) or you can have copies for commenting, parody etc. purposes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit