How many? How many?

by belbab 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• belbab
    belbab

Over the years how many cases do you know of where a JW mother while giving birth lost her life by bleeding to death.

Did her children survive?

My wife and I remember five different cases.

belbab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I personally only know of five people who ever had to make a decision about blood. None were as a result of childbirth.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Hi,

I don't really like to think about it anymore but this nearly happened to me in June 2008 while giving birth to my 2nd daughter. I was very lucky because the hospital staff was very competent. It's one of the best hospital in the country I live in. The only one that is ISO 9001 certified. It was also the one recommanded by the JW-committee. I had luck because I'm what we call "first class patient" in Austria. However they came regulary to ask me if I really didn't want a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin level/value was decreasing I think they were around 6 g/dL.

My sister in law told me last week-end that my husband told her the hospital staff was puting pressure on him asking him if he'd like to raise his children alone, without mother. However, he never told me that. You can't imagine how I feel now, when I think I could have died and also when I think about the brother visiting me in the hospital telling me that I should not worry, I'm young and in good health and gave me the example of an elderly sister who survived with much lower values than mine (4 g/dL).

Can you imagine how I feel now!!

I'm happy to be alive and free from this cult. My children will get a transfusion if they need one! That's what I told my JW sister in law last week-end!

Desi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit