CASUALTY - BBC TV

by St George of England 9 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Did not see this as I cannot stand the programme personally, but tonight's episode was about a JW mother who died after refusing a blood transfusion. They apparently dealt with all the disfellowshipping, shunning etc. Sounds like good advertising!

George

• cofty
    cofty

Will have a look on BBC iPlayer

• dozy
  • alanv
    alanv

I just finished watching it. The jw bit was just part of the storyline.It was about a witness couple and the wife was pregnant. She was admitted to the emergency dept and at first said no blood when they told her she would probably die without it. She apparantly changed her mind at the end, although we did not see that happen. Her husband was busy praying the Lords prayer which seemed to fall on deaf ears, as she died before she had the transfusion. But the good news is the baby survived and the husband allowed the staff to make the decision to give it a transfusion he needed to survive.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Wow just finished watching it. She was a typical fresh faced super christian looking white girl married to a black brother. Both characters looked & played the part of JW's very well. It will obviously open the public eyes a bit more but never quite enough !!! Shame it wasnt publicised more to Jo Public before the program was aired !!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I get: Not available in your area

• four candles
    four candles

I thought they researched it very well,they used all the right terms like blood directive,and dis fellowshipping,I wonder if the male doc was on the society's list for no blood surgery.lol. But very well handled.

I haven't watched this in years......surprised to see Charlie still in it!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

generally a terrible programme as is the spin off Holby City but I might catch up with it on the iplayer.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just caught the re run of it on iplayer, and very well acted and researched TBH, the part when the chief nurse pulls out the blood card sent the hairs on my back standing on end, but good feel good factor when the husband grants blood to the premature baby,and good not to see those bastards from the HLC not being able to stick their stupid noses in and start a death bed disfellowshipping, also sad that the husband argues that if she dies she will be resurrected to a paradise if only that was true if ever there is a place called Hell these fools who adhere to their wishes are destined to be there.If only the R&F knew of the origins of this dreadful policy that began at the deathbed of alcoholic tyrant and charlatan Joe Rutherford with 2 fellow perverts Fred Franz and Knorr at his bedside guaranteeing to keep his promise , and so sad that honourable medical health professionals have to adhere to the wishes of these brainwashed fools just so not to have the problems of lawsuits filed against them, a truly dreadful doctrine enforced by a truly disgusting cult.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Wouldn't it have been good if they could have thrown the "fractions" argument into the pot..... that may have opened Joe Public's eyes to the rank hypocrisy of such a crazy dogma.

Come to the think of it - do the medical authorities know about these, almost, contradictions? I always think it would be great if they could throw these arguments back into the faces of the HLCs. Love to see cognitive disonance spread across their arrogant faces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit