My own Declaration, I need help.

by Medina 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Medina
    Medina

I wrote my own medical declaration in order to cancel the right of any excisting paper of the JWs to interfere with my blood transfusion, may it come down to that. I need help, what does fail, are there some grammatical issue#s?

Medical Declaration

There I was a member of a religious organisation, where the use of blood, during medical treatment, was prohibited . I write this Medical Declaration. It is my wish, based on the constitution, that this Declaration is honored.

My current conviction allows me the use of Blood in any medical treatment. Therefor It is my strict wish that blood as well the use of blood fractions will be used to prolong my life during a medical treatment. Also the use of a cell saver or other medical machines/techniques to spare blood are acceptable for me.

All former Medical Declarations are therefor expired. These old documents should be considered as non excistant. I hereby declare the right of anybody to choose a medical treatment based on these old documents when I am no longer able to do this for myself.

Address

City

Date of Birth

Signed

Name

Date

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm kind of afraid to give any recommendation, because this is a legal issue and I would not want to be wrong!

I believe that the most recently dated document is the legal one. The problem is making sure a health care provider has the most recent. Maybe you should talk about this with your doctor, or a social worker they recommend, or even a lawyer. I've thought about this a lot myself---I have a pretty serious illness so some people still have copies of my old medical directive. I'm really going to have to check this out myself.

NC

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe you should talk about this with your doctor, or a social worker they recommend, or even a lawyer.

I would think that your doctor would be the logical place to start.

• dgp
    dgp

I am not an attorney either, but I would word this in stronger terms. I would make this statement before a notary and make sure he filed it. I would also send a letter to the Watchtower to this effect, and a copy of it to any relative or friend of mine who could choose not to let me have a transfusion.

I, Medina, used to be a Jehovah's witness and as such signed / consented / (you get the point) papers to the effect that blood not be given to me. I am not a Jehovah's witness anymore, and hereby I repeal any previous refusal to receive blood that I may have signed or consented to, or anything at all that may be construed as signifying that I am against the use of blood. Also, the use of a cell saver or any other medical machines or techniques to spare blood are acceptable for me.

All former Medical Declarations are therefore invalid. These old documents should be considered as without effect. I hereby declare the right of my treating doctor to choose a medical treatment should I not be able to choose by myself.

Address

City

Date of Birth

Signed

Notary

Signature of the notary:

Date

Perhaps you can have two or three people sign as witnesses?

• Alfred
    Alfred

Medina... I would consult a lawyer who specializes in medical litigation (but that's just me)... it will probably be expensive, but I'm sure it will be money well spent... particularly if you're expecting a possible need for a transfusion in the near future...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit