Jack Barr Eulogy - May 15th WT

by GOrwell 4 Replies latest jw friends

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Folks,

Reading the John/Jack/Fred Barr "info" on page 6, can anyone tell me the difference between this blantant human honoring eulogy and what would be presented at an actual funeral for any Tom, Dick or Harry? I can't tell the difference. I'm sure it helps that he was of the GB.

Can you smell the hypocrisy?

• yesidid
    yesidid

Some are more equal than others.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I have heard, but I've never read anything that I can remember. What is the WTS opinion of eulogies? When my Dad died, the elder who gave the talk said: "We're not here to eulogize Jim........" What do they say is wrong with a eulogy?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When I was an elder and had to give a funeral talk the outline brings out to stay close to the material written. We were not here to eulogize the person but to bring out why we should but our faith in the Kingdom/governing body. It's been awhile sense I have given one. In the last few years I've notice the funeral talks I have been to have lax on this. I think it all depends which congregation you are at. Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When it was my Dad's funeral the talk was more an advert for door knocking.

I am sorry to hear of Mr Barr's death and I haven't read the article. Given what I've seen in the past they claim the GB deceased are in Heaven now. (Actually I think it'd be a bit hotter where they go).

Whatever the article is I recon it'll be a self serving load of 'worship and give cash to the GB', propogandists' dream!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit