The Science Is In: God Is The Answer...

by OUTLAW 74 Replies latest social current

• yodastar
    yodastar

Totally agree with finallyawake and cofty. The dubs offer that social network. If it wasn't for the brainwashing then it would be a good thing to grow up in but there were sooo many negatives. Belonging to a healthy social group in our communities without judgement would offer the same peer group consciousness.

Starting again from leaving a lifetime social group is the kicker. Purpose and identity is gone, no wonder it's a struggle for many, we no longer have the significance we once had. We just have to figure out to get that in a healthy way instead of destructive.

• pontoon
    pontoon
    So if it is all true that these children brought up in religion are better off than not what happens in their adult lives? I personally know a mental health person who deals mostly with JWs. The Society uses her for counseling Bethelites, she is one of the "go to" people for JWs having issues. She is BOOKED. Daytime appts, evening appts, weekend appts. Dr. _______ at Wat Farm refers non Bethelites to her as well. So these well adjusted kids are not fairing to well?
  • gone for good
    gone for good

Age of Religious Consent - I like it.

How about 30 years old - theres a really good precedent!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Obviously the person who wrote that article in Macleans and came to that conclusion never had to wear one of these wherever you go.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obviously the person who wrote that article in Macleans and came to that conclusion never had to wear one of these wherever you go..............Finklestein

LOL!!@Finklestein!!..

...................................................OR THIS..

................................Image result for Suicide bomber

.............NOT ALL RELIGIOUS KIDS ARE WELL ADJUSTED..

https://wandervogeldiary.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/suicide-bomber-boy.jpg

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

It's part of our evolutionary heritage to live in close, tightly knit groups that rely on each other for survival. It is in villages and tribes that our psyches prosper. We, in the Western World, are an alienated society with very little or no community ties. Almost any well adjusted group could provide the sense of community that most of us crave for.

It's a pity that the Watchtower and other poisonous religions take advantage of that inborn need to belong to something.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's a pity that the Watchtower and other poisonous religions take advantage of that inborn need to belong to something.....Village Idiot

.....................THE WBT$ CAN TURN YOUR OWN JW FAMILY ON YOU..

............................Image result for Watchtower logo
    ......https://freedomforunitedfaithchurch.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/arrogant-women.jpg

• Heaven
    Heaven

I totally agree with age of consent for baptism.

My Mom would not allow us kids to make any baptismal decisions until we were adults. She felt Jesus' example was the best way. But we all know Watchtower has other ideas.

What is interesting about my family is that none of us kids ever got baptized into any religion. Fundamentalism doesn't work for kids. We all saw the BS and said no thanks. Why don't we all sign up? Because the religious claims are not backed up by reality. For me, it wasa combination of the issue of theodicy and disagreeing with Watchtower interpretation of scripture and their doctrines.

As children, we are all told an interpretation of what god is. As we get older, we formulate our own ideas based on what we are told versus what Science has discovered and what reality shows us. When the god stories don't match the facts, when hypocrisy is evident, we move away from it.

As for the OP, I would not leap to such a huge conclusion that 'god is the answer'. We all know what an oppressive god does to people ala the Watchtower. I suspect the stats for children raised in a fundamentalist/extremist/oppressive religion would not support 'happier and healthier' children. I, for one, put plans together as a teenager to get away from my parents religion.

Spirituality is a very personal thing. Many connect it with a belief in 'god'. I do not. I have experienced the feeling of 'grace' outside of any religious type activity or thought. Many of my experiences in nature have given me this feeling.

I think if a child is raised in a loving, positive, uplifting, supportive environment where compassion for others is taught, you will have happy, healthy children. No one needs 'god' for this.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Fink - the Afghan woman on the right in your photo is cute!

I hope she doesn't start wearing a bin bag over her head ...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I, for one, put plans together as a teenager to get away from my parents religion.....Heaven

I think a lot of us JW Kids made plans to find a way out of the WBT$ JW Cult......I did..

Image result for kingdom hall of jehovah's witnesses.Image result for Losing my religion.Image result for Leaving home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit