The Science Is In: God Is The Answer...

by OUTLAW 74 Replies latest social current

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Cofty and JonathanDrake: extreme scenario - a hopeless alcoholic with a huge self-destruct button starts to have some kind of personal faith in God, and his over-endulgence in alcohol starts to decrease. Would you tell him to his face there is no god?

Yes I would. I don't see a difference in dependence on alcohol and dependence on an imaginary genie. Both are being used to escape the real underlying issue, whatever it may be.

At least as an alcoholic he's only a danger to himself. As a misguided theist he's a danger to society. He's a danger to me. All it takes is that charismatic leader to tell him God wants him to blow up my kids elementary school. So you tell me, which would you prefer?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

@Outlaw - 'proof' doesn't sit well with me here, but I agree with you that belief in God can sometimes keep teenagers 'on the straight and narrow'.....LoveUniHateExams

Those are`nt my words or Views LUHE..They`re from the writers of the op..

I personally don`t think Belief in God makes people good or bad..

Where is the link in the OP and why did it take 3 requests for a simple link?

I suspect you haven't bothered to read it since you have yet to offer a single word of comment.

Any idiot can copy-paste......cofty

There is no link in the OP genius..Thats why you asked for one..

How come everyone else can find a link on their own and your incapable?!..LOL!!

Why did it take 3 requests?..

Because your an impatient self important oaf,who makes a lot of unnecessary noise..LOL!!

• cofty
    cofty
    your an impatient self important oaf

Outlaw - So you post an epic copy-paste from an unknown source. Ignore 3 requests for a link. Then you refuse the request and tell the person asking for a link to search for it for themselves and then insult them when you finally realise you are embarassing yourself.

You have been behaving quite well for the past few weeks, I knew it was too good to last.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Jonathan Drake - fair question in response. I would prefer our imaginary alcoholic drinks himself silly than harms you or your family.

However, not everyone with personal belief in God are theists, neither are they necessarily susceptible to charismatic preachers. I'm sure you knew this.

I hope atheism doesn't start to eat itself.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty and JonathanDrake: extreme scenario - a hopeless alcoholic with a huge self-destruct button starts to have some kind of personal faith in God, and his over-endulgence in alcohol starts to decrease. Would you tell him to his face there is no god? - LUHE

No I wouldn't.

Outside of this forum I don't remember ever telling anybody there is no god.

• cofty
    cofty
    not everyone with personal belief in God are theists

That is a contradiction.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Also why should cofty have to search for the link? It's not coftys job to defend other people's claims or posts etc. Asking for the source isn't insulting, so why be defensive?

lets all chill. 😁

• cofty
    cofty

It's basic forum etiquette to link to the source of a copy-paste.

If you forget and somebody asks, the way forward is to apologise and post a link, not refuse and insult the person asking.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    @cofty - please explain why deists can't have some kind of personal belief in God.
  • cofty
    cofty

What is a deist god?

Isn't just a placeholder for "we don't know how the universe appeared, therefore there must be some unknowable entity".

The OP is about theism, belief in a personal god who knows and cares about humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit