Do those who make conditional donations to Watchtower ever get them back on request?

by truthseeker 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Do you know if any JWs who made a conditional donation to the Watchtower ever got it back or were there problems associated with this?

Truthseeker

• Weana
    Weana

I know such cases. This is routine job for Bethel; society pays money back without any delay and sends letter of appreciation.

• Lore
    Lore

What kind of conditional donations? Like: "Here's a check for $500 but I want it back if Armageddon doesn't come by 2014."

• blondie
    blondie

Everyone I have known that has done this has gotten it back. I can't say that there wasn't a little effort to have them reconsider their decision, but they have gotten it back.

I have even seen congregations request their money back and get it.

This is not to be confused with individuals or congregations that invest their money through a non-profit corporation.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My very senile grandmother donated close to $100,000 last year. My parents were very upset and asked Brooklyn for it back. They did return it without delay.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Many years ago the cong I was attending built a new KH, and in order to raise money they asked us to contribute money on the condition that if we asked for it back, it would be returned. The interest raised would be the contribution to the KH.

I lent $5000 for a year or so and when I moved town, I asked for it back. There was a slight hemming and hawing but I got the money within 2 weeks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if I could request all the money I ever wasted on that organization back, in silver buillion.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was single I had saved some money and I let it to them on the conditional donation thing. They had it for about 20 years. When I found out for myself about the child molesters in my hall I asked for it all back on my own with out my husband's name on it. I told them I did not want any money going to a religion who hide child molesters. My husband was still an elder at the time.

They sent it back within two weeks thanking me for letting them use it and no mention of the pedophiles was mentioned though my husband name ws on the check along with mine.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit