Another from Silentlambs

by JohnJBB123 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Bill Bowen, president of Silentlambs, snet me the following email. I was wondering if anyone else could help. Please read the following:

"I do not often make an appeal like this, but I believe an unusual situation has developed. "NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED" is a good motto and has served silentlambs well. We have ventured forth to help victims of JW child molesters, consequently the gains for victims of abuse have been tremendous due to support from people like you. We know, without a doubt that many of you also are helping victims in your own way too, but thought that perhaps you might want to assist another. As most of you know, Erica Rodriguez has been featured in the news recently. If you have read the newspaper reports, you know that her life hasn't been a picnic because of the damaging effects of molestation. What you may not know is that she is having a very difficult time even as I write this. Recently, Erica's divorce was finalized. What most of you don't know is that she has a baby due in four weeks. She has been very sick through most of the pregnancy, and needless to say, she has not had much support or sympathy from Jehovah's Witnesses in her area. About three weeks ago, a friend asked to give her a baby shower. It was a welcome offer because she has been unable to spend much money on baby things. During the week of the shower, her friend was driving to work when a van coming from the opposite direction crashed across the guardrail and became air born. It landed on top of her Nissan Sentra, killing her instantly. She was survived by a husband and one year old baby. Due to the circumstances, Erica was so sad that she lost interest in any kind of shower. Then she came down with the flu, and was so sick that she had to wait an extra day to get her strength up just to do an interview with a reporter. How would we like to be in her shoes right now? Surely, our hearts go out to her at this time. I am writing this information unknown to Erica because I wish to make a request. About a week ago silentlambs put together a gift basket of baby items and sent it off to Erica. She was absolutely stunned as it was the first baby gifts she had received. I thought I would pass this information on to you, and if you would like to make a donation or send a gift, you may do so in care of silentlambs, PO Box 311,

Calvert City, KY 42029. We will be glad to make sure she gets what you send. Also, you might wish to keep in mind that Erica is having a boy.

Usually, in most cases of charitable giving, the contributor has no idea where or who the gift is actually going to, or even if there is really a need. In this instance, Erica is someone you have come to know. Certainly, giving is never compulsatory, but as with all matters concerning this issue, people do what their heart moves them to do. If you feel you can help, and are comfortable doing so, thank you. If you are unsure, we understand and appreciate the support you have given in so many other ways.

silentlambs"

• waiting
    waiting

Hello John,

Thank you for the information. I've not read posts from you before - welcome to our forum. Lovely wedding picture - I seem to remember THAT picture, however - so maybe our posts have crossed before?

I'm totally unaware of Erica's situation regarding her baby. Thank you for passing on this e-mail. The death of her friend was a tragedy at any time - at the time of birth, even more terrible.

Is there a reason why the e-mail was sent specifically to you? I'm not on any mailing list, so I was just curious.

Nice to meet you.

waiting

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Waiting,

This post was not sent specificully to me, but I am part of a group of that receive email regualrly from Silentlambs

• TR
    TR

Done.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit