JWN Baby Shower for Cognac

by White Dove 6 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think it would be fun to do this, and we have a few months to get it organized.

But how to get the gifts to her without her having to violate her privacy by giving out her address?

Maybe one or two trusted people here can receive the stuff and box it up and send it to her.

It's just an idea.

I'm going to knit or crochet a baby blanket.

• Scully
    Scully

Babies R Us has a gift registry, so does Sears. Also Amazon.com allows you to set up a wish list of just about anything under the sun.

She could fill in all the particulars using a pseudonym and keep the address private, while posting the gift registry numbers so people would know what she needs. We did something similar a longgggg time ago for another mom-to-be.

Any threads could be in the "Private/Members Only" area.

For people who want to knit / crochet / craft something personal, maybe there could be one or two volunteers who know Cognac to receive parcels on her behalf and forward them to her?

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's a good idea, thanks:)

How does getting the things to the person from the registries work? Privacy? Never did this before.

So, the people would order things and those things go to the address that Amazon or other gets from her, thereby keeping her address from the general public (us).

I'd be happy to do the forwarding of non ordered items that are hand made or something.

• Scully
    Scully

The registry keeps the information private. Once an item on the registry/wish list is ordered, the company will send it directly to the person who created the registry / wish list.

I actually keep wish lists like that to share with Mr Scully - that way he never has to ask what I want for presents.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

This is a wonderful idea!! How thoughtful of you to suggest this. :) Keep us posted on what the final plans are. I love baby showers'.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You're so sweet, WD! You really are a treasure. I'm proud to call you a friend.

V665V665

• dysfunction
    dysfunction

Good idea, let me know. Too many people who don't do exactly what the watchtower wants are not given a baby shower, or bridal shower. I know all to well! It is good for others to fill the void and show support, and love to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit