Good Or Bad Idea?

by Crank!!! 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Crank!!!
    Crank!!!

I recently Faded and my Mother is bugging me to go to the Memorial this year. I have no interest in going at all! However I have an idea and I think it would be funny. I don’t live in or near my old territory, I want to go to the memorial and partake. Then when my mom asked if I went, I could tell her yes and that I partook. When she flips her lid(because she will) and asks why, I'll tell her its because when I die I'm going to heaven.

I know it’s kind of immature, but then again so are they. With the way my Mother and the rest of my family has treated me family and me, it would be a good little F you to all of them.

What do you guys think, Go for it or leave it alone?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Stay home.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 15:14 "Forget them. They are blind men leading blind men. When a blind man leads a blind man, they both end up in the ditch." The Message Bible

Syl

• nugget
    nugget

fun though it would be, the fall out will be epic. As you already have issues with your mother it would be better to stay home this time.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I would stay home and definitely not do it.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

get a bottle of fine wine and a few tortillas and stay at home... unless you want to film it and put it on youtube!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

A few months ago, I went "through it" with a parent. While I left years ago, the WTS lays some heavy guilt on JW parents. Parents are "blood guilty" if they don't invite / witness to their children. She badgers you because she has to. I have told my parent many times over that I don't believe in the Watchtower. I even said that I don't believe in the Bible. Nothing worked...until... I took some good advice from my fellow posters, one who sent me the following letter to use. I post the letter with permission, and hope it helps you. I wrote something like this... I hope this gives you some ideas on how to gently tell your mother how to respect your decisions. The result is that we stil talk, although very infrequently. But, my views are more respected and my letter gave my JW parent a way out of having to badger me.

Just understand that she has to invite you to the Memorial. In most JW minds, if you go - then you are, at least, within Jehovah's sights.

Dear (Parent)

I have received many e-mails and letters over the years. In these letters, you've tried your hardest to convince us in the way you are convinced by the Jehovah's Witnesses .

I do not believe as you do, and my beliefs are based on careful study and evaluation. I get frustrated at your attempts, and send back information discussing how I feel about the Watchtower and the misgivings I have. But, you think this is more opportunity to try to convince me otherwise. You do not squarely address my concerns or valid points. I don't want to hurt you. I understand that the Conventions have parts on being bloodguilty if one doesn't try to witness to family members, first and foremost. The example given is of Noah and the Ark, closing several days before the rain. That must be a very scary thought for you. I think that you can honestly say to yourself that you have tried your very best. I think it is time to put it in Jehovah's hands. Please give it a rest, and put me on your "Do not call back" list. I am very aware of every change that happens inside the Watchtower and get run downs of upcoming changes and secret editions and books. I have studied it alot, and have come to a conclusion that it is not part of my spiritual journey at this time. I hope that we can have a relationship, outside of talking about the Society and its interpretations. As of right now, you only want the relationship to be a one-way monologue about your religion. I think the new Elder's book mentions it is best for JW family members to have non-spiritual type discussions with nonbelieving family members. It is a way to safeguard your own spiritual health. I love you. I am not rejecting you. I am not rejecting a "God", if there is one.
  • Ding
    Ding

If you do it, you might want to point out that Jesus' commanded the disciples to eat of the bread and drink from the cup, not to pass it by and watch as no one partook.

You might also quote Jesus' words at John 6:53: "Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

Of course, they might identify and DF you, but it would be an interesting way to go out...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'll tell her its because when I die I'm going to heaven.

Do you believe in Christ as your savior? Whether you do it at home, at a Kingdom Hall, or at a campsite it is still a celebration of the hope that Jesus gave you and the thanks you have for Him giving His life for your personal sins. Don't do it just to be funny or rebelious. Read Romans 8 and 1 John 5, and then decide if you should partake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit