Watchtower study for week of Feb. 7, 2011

by FrankWTower 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

This past weekend a quote from the WT study caught my eye. It can be found on paragraph 14 of the article.

"However, worsening world conditions have caused many to respond when shown that alienation fromGod is at the root of human evil and suffering."

I'm just focusing on the first par that says the world is getting worse. I've heard that over and over again from the brothers and the society.

"the world is going from bad to worse"

They have no idea what they're talking about. The evidence proves that the world is slowly getting better for more and more people. Humanity is better off now than we were 50, 100, 500 or 1000 years ago. It is a myth to think that life has ben better for people in the past. One good place to start about learning about all this is on TED.com. Specifically, from professor Hans Rosling. I have included a link to one of his videos below.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/hans_rosling_at_state.html

I don't know where the Watchtower gets their sources, but they're often wrong because they have to support their point of view of an imminent Armageddon.

• wobble
    wobble

Yep, Old Satan, since he was confined to the earth in 1914 has really come up trumps !

I know which ruler gets my vote, the one who has improved the quality of life for millions, not the one who has sat on his throne and slept for 100 years, who does he think he is ? Rip van Winkle ?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Ironically, the WT in its early days taught that all of the inventions that have made life easier for us were a SIGN that the 1000 year reign was NEAR.

• Lore
    Lore

Pick a year in human history, if we could put every human alive at that time on a spindial and you had to swap lives with that person, which time period would you choose?

I'd personally choose this time period.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

In 1914 Satan was hurled down to earth having a short period of time.

So let’s see….. Before 1914 life expectancy was short, medical science was poor. In the 1800’s a large percentage of children died at birth or did not make it to 18. Children as young as six worked in coal mines legally. Child Labour was legal, Children had no rights, women had no rights, no vote no property rights. 95% of black women in the USA worked as servants, early 1800’s as slaves. Food killed you, bad water killed you, lead killed you. There were no government inspections of food or really anything. If your wife made you mad you could beat her legally.

Try going to a dentist in the 1800’s, try having an operation. Got an infection, looks like you are going to die. No antibiotics. Poor lived in squalor, no electricity, no social safety net. Your crop fails, you die. War’s rage Taiping Rebellion in China kills more then the first world war over 20 million (did you know that) European wars kill millions. The American Civil war kills more Americans than have died in every war since put together. Life was especially bad if you were, Chinese, Black, a women or any race other than white. Yes life changed in 1914, it only broke up the party that rich white men were having.

So lets see then Satan was hurled down and what did he do:

Got in there and forced the issue on slavery banning it as best he could worldwide

Tried his best to make most nations see that all races are equal in the sight of God

He helped elect a black President

He brought in women’s rights

He doubled life expectancy worldwide

He helped make huge advancements in medicine

He tried to stamp out child Labour

The percentage (as to the whole earth population) of those without food is about the lowest in history.

He made all the worlds’ knowledge available to everyone by means of the internet, not just the rich.

He is a freak about safety, brought in food safety standards, child car seats, airbags, air travel safety regulations, safe cribs, mine safety standards, work place safety standards and he keeps insisting on more safety. It’s to the point that less children and adults die due to accidents today then anytime since records were kept.

(If you doubt any of this, please research what it would be like for you in the early 1800’s if you were a black women, pregnant, poor, in need of medical attention,, I could go on and on.)

Fact is your average person today lives better then Kings and Queens did 150 years ago.

Does this make sense Satan came to earth and started to rule in 1914 and he did What?

Doubled you chance of leading a full happy life and living to old age?

Were things better in the 1600’s, 1700’s and 1800’s without Satan’s influence?

The whole theory simply does not work.

Wobble / Lore I Agree with you,, this is somthing i posted two months ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit