Info re: Removal from KHs, assemblies.....

by TheApostleAK 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK
    The attendants would probably look to an elder for permission to remove him.

I don't know about overseas, but in Australia they can't remove you from meetings cos if they touch you then that is considered assault. Before last convention JW's were instructed REPEATEDLY not to touch anyone who caused trouble at meetings/conventions but instead to surround the person(s) and call the police. The speaker doing the talk in the service meeting virtually yelled the "do not" part.

PS In the 40's there was a convention in Adelaide and "apostates" rushed the stage and as they rushed the stage a J.W. KINGHIT (yes, KINGHIT!!) one of the stage-rushers.

PPS They can't remove you if you don't cause trouble cos a church is considered public space.

From The Apostle AK

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day AK,

PS In the 40's there was a convention in Adelaide and "apostates" rushed the stage and as they rushed the stage a J.W. KINGHIT (yes, KINGHIT!!) one of the stage-rushers.
    This was the famous "Glenelg riot". It had little or nothing to do with disgruntelled JW's and all to do with soldiers returning from WWII angry that some men chose the cushy life of pacifism and Yatla Jail while others were fighting for all they're worth against the might of Germany and Japan.

My grandfather was one of the army boys outside the Town Hall and City Servant Hubert Cliff was the speaker protected by the old Navy boxer/brother, fists a flaying. (I think I posted the entire incident, as best as I could retell it, a while back on H20)

Does this mean JW's really are pussyfisted pacifists nowerdays?

cheers, unclebruce.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Unclebruce,

Hubert Clift is still alive! The WT had a report of it in an article a while back (might have been in hubert's article in Awake 93). I'm sure there was a paragraph on the incident in the 1983 yearbook.

Elder in my last cong had the newspaper clipping from the Advertiser of it and the following Kingdom News which was on the riot.

PS JW's r pussys these days cos they can't touch "apostates".

Cheers,

AK

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks AK,

Hubert is still alive eh? (must be that young wife he coupled up with when Mon died) I know Hubert very well from my Prospect days. Before the Glenelg riot he was called into a meeting with the head of Adelaide police but refused to call off the convention. (Hubert was ex-police .. 1920's fingerprint branch)

It was very provocative to hold the first post war convention at Glenelg .. South Australias "Coney Island" where the returned servicemen would be gathered.

cheers unclebruce.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Hubert now lives up Gawler way now.

From The Apostle AK

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

You, Thirdson and I have gotta meet someday.

We all know the same people.

From AK

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

yea! i think that "dont touch" policy has been set into stone for decades..

around 1960 at circuit assembly in maffra victoria, which had an active little group of russelites left over... the husband of the leading lady in the russelites (she liked to hold up some mag of the russelites) took umbrage at her being banned from the hall, forced his way in and started an all-in wrestling match with the attendants on the floor in front of the platform. shortly after the police arrived to referre!!

the D.O. was ron walters, who was absolutely furious at the way events turned out.. and read the riot act to the brothers involved, reminding them of the 'don't touch' policy!!

i don't know if it's pussy footing? i think its the course of wisdom to handle it this way!! all in fights make great gossip but are not veri edifying to either side..

what's the point of a brawl?.. if we aint happy we can walk away from them, except they will then df us to make their point -- now that's not too wise either is it???

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A couple of years ago I saw a guy physically lifted by the flood of attendants that flocked onto the football pitch, and carried bodily off in a horizontal position.
    Behind me a similarly clued up woman was crying "don't touch him, don't touch him!".

• TheApostleAK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit