95 FECES

by picosito 9 Replies latest jw friends

• picosito
    picosito

This is kind of a dumb post but it makes me feel good. If Martin Luther were doing his thing today, he might call his dissertation "95 FECES FLUNG AT THE DOOR OF THE KINGDOM HALL."

I larf and larf when I remember watching apes at the San Diego Zoo pick up their piles of excrement, fling them at the crowd, and then roll on the ground in apparent glee and laughter as the crowd tried to avoid getting hit.

We have to keep up our joy as we fling our stuff at WTS and watch them cringe. This site is a real blessing for us to do so. Thanks, Simon. And thanks, REAL brothers and sisters, for your shtuff!!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

With the risk of sounding pedantic, it's faeces.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

... and it's not apparent glee.

Chimps have well documented senses of humour.

In tests, they showed more appreciation of sarcasm and irony than 47% of Americans.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Prisca
    Prisca
    In tests, they showed more appreciation of sarcasm and irony than 47% of Americans.

That wouldn't be too hard to do.....

ducking for cover

• picosito
    picosito

"With the risk of sounding pedantic, it's faeces."
    PICOSITO: But then "faeces" would not look like "theses."

"... and it's not apparent glee.
    Chimps have well documented senses of humour."

PICOSITO: I guess they actually looked like they were laughing after all. I just had to be pedantic (thanks, Prisca) considering my background.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

it's spelt either way:

fe·ces (fsz)
    pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
    Waste matter eliminated from the bowels; excrement.

Faeces \F[ae]"ces\, n.pl. [L. faex, pl. faeces, dregs.] Excrement; ordure; also, settlings; sediment after infusion or distillation. [Written also feces.]

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=feces

• outnfree
    outnfree

You do well to duck, Prisca!

1. feces is also an acceptable spelling for human excrement.
    2. :That wouldn't be hard to do!
    WHY do you always have to make the snide swipe at Americans? Do the Americans here make nasty comments about the Aussies at every opportunity?

Pico - LOL

Gleefully slinging shit at Prisca today! (Must be in that 47%!)

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• picosito
    picosito

Don't be swerved, Prisca. I liked your comments about "faeces" and 47%.

• Scully
    Scully

It's well-known that Americans dislike spelling English words properly. Canadians, on the other hand, and other members of the British Commonwealth, prefer to spell words correctly.

Faeces only became "feces" because "faces" was already a word. Talk about getting shit-faced. heh heh heh

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. - WT 12/1/91

• Prisca
    Prisca

Scully, thanks for defining the differences between the British Commonwealth countries and the USA. I don't have an American dictionary with me, so I wasn't to know that you had changed the spelling of faeces.

Ountnfree - I don't always take snide swipes at Americans. "Always" is a very generalistic word. How do you know that I don't refrain myself at all the other times I could be making remarks about Americans?

And your objection to the little remark I made only proves the study that Abaddon sited. Australians are known to be able to laugh at ourselves, whereas Americans seem to take themselves sooooo seriously. Lighten up a little, and enjoy your national characteristics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit