Local Kingdom Hall Suing the WTBTS

by dontplaceliterature 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Maybe a month ago I read on this forum that there was a local BoE from the SouthWest USA suing the WTBTS over ownership rights to their Kingdom Hall property.

Does anyone know about this? Was it true? Any recent developments?

I searched for it and didn't come up with anything.

• Scott77
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

IIRC, it boils down to two free thinking elders versus the rest of the sheep-body, the CO, and the Borg.

Unless they're incredibly wealthy, they have no chance, unfortunately.

• jamiebowers
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

More info about Menlo Park is forthcoming. I've been busy with family issues since November. At the same time, the plaintiffs in the Menlo Park case have been less than helpful in providing information, so getting updates has been like pulling teeth out of sleeping bear. But things are progressing and should come to a conclusion sometime in March or April.

I will let everyone know as soon as something is ready to be published.

JV

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'd say the odds of them winning are slim to none. The watchtower has got far too many slick lawyers.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask who holds title to the KH and land? This has become a battleground in the Anglican battle over the ordination of women and homosexuals. When very conservative Episcopal groups leave to form their own church or convert to RC, a legal battle ensues. I don't know the legal details but the local bishop always wins. This is a powerful force in promoting equality within the church. I was upset over the push within General Convention (the main policy setting battle worldwide) to ban gays. The US clearly will not ban them. In fact, American Anglicans would rather leave the convention if it comes to a showdown. A friend at church remarked that I need not worry. While African Anglicans far outweigh American ones, the American ones have all the money.

It reminds me of All the President's Men and just follow the money advice from Deep Throat.

How do these elders not get disfellowshipped? The autonomy of local groups is generally a sign of health. Witnesses tend to be Germanic in character.

• wobble
    wobble

Band OTR, Is "Germanic" a euphemism ?

I understand that here in the U.K all K.Halls belong to a Property Trust, the trust is owned and run by the WT of GB , so here the Congo's do not own the halls they paid for and worked on for free, am I wrong ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit