Paralells?

by tenyearsafter 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I just saw this on the news wire, and though not a new story, I thought the place the FBI is coming from could be ominous for the WTS:

Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology are reportedly under federal investigation for human trafficking and using unpaid labor, according to the New Yorker (via Huffington Post). The charges surfaced in a profile of Oscar-winning writer-director Paul Haggis ('Crash'), who left Scientology in 2009 after 34 years following a disagreement with church officials.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Leaving posted a link to the New Yorker article. An excellent read:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_wright?currentPage=all

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Thanks Mad Sweeney! I see that donuthole posted something similar almost the same time I posted mine. I will look forward to reading!

• leavingwt
  • mrquik
    mrquik

I guess that's one way to end the "organization" ...er "society". Those terms alone are fairly creepy. I'm in favor of a 1000' East Coast sunami taking out the "headquarters" (sorry, I couldn't resist) in NYC. All of you currently living in those areas have no need to fear. I'm sure the organization ...er society ..er the way .... er the truth will be given fair warning. You'll get a century of warnings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit