All the vampires walkin' through the valley......

by Makena1 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

move west down, Ventura Blvd. (from Tom Petty's Free Fallin')

Had a Twilight Zone moment last week while in LA on business. The prior night a client/friend and I got together for an evening of guitar playing. Free Fallin' was one of many that we managed to get through pretty well.

The next morning around 6:30AM I was heading in my rental car west on Ventura Blvd in Encino, and there they were - several solitary JW's doing street witnessing - EXCEPT, there was no one else on the entire boulevard, and each solitary one was just standing there in the cold morning air holding up mags, or reading one of the new paper backs.
    I was tempted to roll down the window and ask if they were counting time or making time count (remember that one?), but chickened out last minute. I actually felt very sad and sorry for them. In my 40 plus years of "service" - street witnessing was the least favorite for me. Actually had some very uncomfortable experiences like street people aggressively asking for handouts, wanting to sell me their clothes, others taking the mags and making a big show of tossing them in the nearest receptacle. We sometimes heard positive experiences at assemblies of how affective street witnessing could be - guess I was always "wrong place - wrong time".

Just wanted to share....
    All best,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit