Disfellowshiped ARE REQUIRED to sit in the library!

by brotherdan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Does anyone have any advice in comforting someone that knows that they are deciding to lose their family? My MIL just sent me this:

Well I think that there is hope for (brodans wife), but for (SIL 1) and (SIL 2) it is there entire identity and I don't think they could even touch the idea that they could have been misled. I am going to have to grieve the loss just like a death

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

really dreadful way in which she is being treated Dan, I posted the article on my FB

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My cong dsf a very prominant brother. He was a very tall, well built man and good looking in a manly kind of way. For a whole year he would come to the meetings and stand at the back of the hall behind the seats holding his bible. It was the elephant in the room. He was later reinstated. I think they were afraid of him. He had a photo type memory but I guess he wasn't smart enogh to get out. I really liked him and his family. He has died now but I still remember him fondly. He was not going to be shamed and he wasn't.

• Awen
    Awen

The only comfort I could offer is that they haven't lost their entire family. Your MIL still has you, she has YHWH and she has Jesus.

Personally I would tell her to be bold about her decision and not let anyone try to put her down. Give a bold witness about what she learned and state up fron that if they are going to let the doctrines of men come between family then something is really wrong with them.

The elders use the shunning as a weapon to get people who may have good reasons to leave, to stay, not out of love, but out of fear. Standing up to the elders and putting them in their place works wonders for inspiring others to do the same. Sure it will be hard at first, but as I said earlier, if enough people band together and oppose the Disfellowshipping procedure then the GB will eventually capitulate. The history of any nation or people clearly show that when enough people put their foot down, amazing things can be accomplished. Obviously she shouldn't cut her JW family out of her life, but go on encouraging them and loving them despite the doctrinal disagreements. Like the Bible says "So that they might be won over without a word."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit