Disfellowshiped ARE REQUIRED to sit in the library!

by brotherdan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@miseryloveselders:

That elder body is WAY out of line. She needs to write the Branch, and pronto. Something I've been meaning to do is share some notes regarding the treatment of disfellowshipped as relayed to us at the KM School for elders. The way the material was relayed to us, it left me under the impression that Bethel Heavies and Branch Heavies including COs/DOs, are getting feedback of inappropriate treatment of the disfellowshipped and even those recently reinstated. They probably recognize that disfellowshipping is questionable in itself, to the point that they don't need elder bodies going above and beyond in humiliating those being sanctioned.

If she wrote the branch, and found that this elder was indeed acting outside the desires of the WTS, and told him to back off, do you think they would hold a grudge and basically look for any excuse to DF her again?

MeanMrMustard

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If the Elders out of order and she doesn't like it, don't bother pointing it out.

Even if you fix it, it's still broken. Leave it alone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In our hall DFed people always sat at the back.

How is a DF person to ever find a seat in the back of the Hall???? Those are taken by the one who are first to arrive. God knows that NO ONE wants to sit in the front rows!!!!! (except maybe a couple geeky brown-nosers)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The MS's used to keep a row of seats at the back for the df'd. Normally there's no more than one or two df'd ones per cong so it's only a few seats they have to keep spare.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

BrotherDan: "After the meeting 2 elders came up to her and told her that this was NOT allowed. She needed to sit in the back room and either leave before the song and prayer, or walk out immediately after they were over."

NOBODY TELLS MOMMA TO SIT ON THE BACK OF THE BUS!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

WWJD? What would Jesus do? And this saying involves God the Son Jesus, not some spirit Jesus. Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone! Suffer the little ones (no status) to come to me. Do they believe if you are d'f'd you have bedbugs and cooties?

Ah, all the tears I've spilled around JW yet they are also so funny if you look at it in a detached way. They don't mind Saturday Night Live skits. I wonder what the percentage is those who return. I always thought d'f'ing was a matter of faith. Now I realize the family ties. Growing up, I constantly feared utter rejection. It sounds like they care about more than just drawing a clear line in the sand. This sounds like systemic humiliation. The predicted result would be anger and rage towards JW rather than reconciliation.

Do you remember Jesus (again God the Son) parable of a sheperd risking everything to find a lost sheep? Let those who have ears hear. Knock and it shall be answered.

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't it funny that some stranger could walk into a Kingdom Hall­™ - even if, unbeknownst to everyone there, they were an axe murderer, a rapist, or child molester - and be welcomed with open arms and be allowed to sit beside and freely associate with potential victims, while the DFd but otherwise harmless person gets treated worse than the scum of the earth?

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Brother Dan, I like your topic!

I like this qoute in Luke 15:7 - "I tell you that thus there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner that repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who have no need of repentance."

It sounds to me that your MIL is certainly seeing how true love is not being shown. As I would say, you will know them by their fruits. If Christ Jesus came down all of a sudden in to the Hall, (which he wouldn't) and He saw what was going on, I would hate to stand to close to that elder after Christ dismantles him in His words. Christ was a compasionate and giving person towards all people who were desperately looking for Mercy and a sincere Love.

Villabolo - You took my thunder away, you and I were thinking the same thought, its one of my favorite scriptures.

Awen - That is what I call "True Compassion", you demonstrated in a way that it should have been. The heartless lack of love that they demonstrate should be enough for many to say that this is not for them.

Happy Trails! Truth and Justice

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Where in the literature did it say you cannot hold hands in prayer?

It didn't.

JWs get so used to reading between the lines that they keep doing it when they are out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe the rules are that people are not supposed to associate with a disfellowshipped person. This means they are not supposed to talk to anyone (aside immediate family that they must, or the hounders for reinstatement purposes). There is nowhere in this that dictates that they have to sit in the back row, or in the library, or elsewhere. That is a hounder rule, and ought to be grounds to not go at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit