Disfellowshiped ARE REQUIRED to sit in the library!

by brotherdan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

exactly Moshe,must be mad taking their small minded rubbish.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

OMG!!! Before my df'ing announcement, 3 others were also df'd 2 weeks prior to me along with 6 public reproof announcements. The elders in the hall knew that not only were we all close, but that we had close family still in the hall. They knew that they were going to have to set down some boundries before the final announcement, ME. If we were not related to those in our cong. we were good friends with most and had a LOT of social gatherings with many in the cong. The elders had to make SURE that ALL in the cong. knew that it would NOT be tolerated to have ANY contact with the recently df'd ones.

During a part in the 2nd half of meeting, the elder/PO giving the part went out on a sideline about saving the back rows for those who came in late, those with kids, etc. He then asked the question "Who else would we want to save the back rows for?" He went on to say that we would want to save the back rows for those who are disfellowshipped because they cannot associate with the rest of the hall and generally come in late and leave early so we would want to be considerate of those in that situation.

After making that statement, he went into a tangent about because disfellowshipped ones cannot associate with those in the congregation, that would include TEXTING, E-MAILING, OR any kind of SOCIAL NETWORKING. The elder even had us look up a scripture that was NOT in the KM article that we were going over. You know, the one that says that we are not supposed to even EAT with such a person.......

Mind you, I knew that I was going to be disfellowshipped. But had found out that night that the announcement would be made the NEXT Thursday night. So, I was LIVID!! How DARE they tell ME where I can sit when I come to WORSHIP GOD!! I called my hubby's cousin who is an elder in a different hall and was appauled at what I told him.

If I was your MIL, I would be FURIOUS! They have NO right telling her where she can and cannot sit in the house of God. What her elders don't know is they just may have pushed her away.....I know that if I was told that I could not sit up in the main auditorium, I would not go back. UNFREAKIN' BELIEVABLE..........

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

OH and to add to your comment about talking to your MIL after meeting and getting the "stink eye". When my SIL was df'd, I talked to her at the hall because she was in the process of coming back and we had ALWAYS talked and hung out with her socially outside of the hall. Someone had a problem with it, talked to an elder who in turn talked to my hubby who in turn had to tell me NOT to talk to her at the hall.

People need to mind their efing business! Life is WAY too short!

• Will Power
    Will Power

judge not lest ye be judged?

more evidence men run the show and I mean show in the full sense of the word.

wow - how rude.

confuzzled - I agree -

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

As bad as I feel for her about this, I'm sort of happy. She was one of those that was COMPLETELY blinded by the society. She's always had her own ideas and disagreements, but she was totally stuck in that the Watchtower was the ONLY place to be.

But now she is seeing that that cannot be the case. I don't wish the pain and anguish that she is going to go through. But it will all be worth it in the end...I hope.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was working my way back from being DF. I moved 1200 miles away from the "sinful" situation I was in, determined to do it.

So I was in a new congo .. in a disfellowshipped standing. My son was flying in early Sunday am....the airport was an hours drive from where I was. I was to pick him up and then drive back to make the Sunday meeting.

His plane was late, but I still had just enough time to make it to the meeting.

We got there as the opening song was playing, the back rows were all taken........so I walked myself, son and daughter to the front row of the Hall.

After the meeting an elder greeted me, he knew me and knew I was working hard to get reinstated but told me that I might need to sit in the back since I was DF as people would not know

that I was DF. I told him there were no seats and suggested that they start making DF people be marked with a big D on their forehead.

I knew no one at that meeting that day went to the effort I did to get to that meeting and I was not going to take that crap.

purps

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Never heard of forcing people to sit in the second hall or the Df had to leave prior to the last prayer as well.....weird and strange.

Sounds like a bunch of sick minded elders on a power swing, if anyone doesn't think that certain elders in this religion aren't

prone to embellish their god given power unsuspectingly is disillusionly naive.

Its stuff like this that gives these guys hard ons and exercises their perceived personal stature in the congregation..

• villabolo
    villabolo

"As sad as that is for her, it was another nail in the coffin."

Luke 15:20-24--New International Version

Parable of the lost son.

20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Villabolo

• Quandry
    Quandry

Why not instruct all the publishers to hiss and boo when a df'd person comes in, so they could feel even more like dirt?

If there are no chairs in the back rows, then of course they should stand silently at the back so as not to contaminate any seats, and with their head down so that they do not make eye contact with righteous people.

No wonder your MIL is beginning to "see the light." The great and mighty "shepherds" are helping to convince her not to come back.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Where in the literature did it say you cannot hold hands in prayer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit