so oompa got df'd this week...

by oompa 131 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

no call to invite me to a committee meeting...no notification of deciding i should be df'd....no telling my jw wife of the announcement...not a chance to appeal what i did not even know what was going on...my mini-serve son is devasted....he even researched it....told me to go to page 153-154 of the OD book...never heard of it but it is a green hardback given to all who are to be baptized. wow...the elders broke every rule in this book as to my case.... i have no respect for these men that can take away your jw family without even telling you they are going to

my jw son has now begged me to meet with my committee...even though there is prob zero chance they can reverse the decision...that chance is from when they let you know...and you have to appeal by letter within 7 days (i cant make this stuff up!!)...7 days???...please show me the scripture for that!!! how can you appeal if you do not know???? and yes i would have!!!!!!!!!

true they asked to meet with me about my "medical treatment"....geeze what a great first phone call when you have a trache tube in your throat and a feeding tube in your belly and a halo around your head all due to a serious motorcycle wreck!!! so i told them to leave me the fluck alone!!!! guess you are not supposed to do that...esp when they know you had a blood transfusion!!...i was unconscious for nearly three weeks so had no idea what my treatment was...but do know now that i received two liters of blood fractions. what were the fractions??....100% lmao!!!!

so without even telling me...they df'd me....did not even tell me there was a meeting...and my jw son and wife are urging me to still meet with them...maybe i should as it may help these elder guys not do this to others....what do you think? geeze i hate the thought of putting on a suit and going into the back room AGAIN!!!!!.....................................oomps

ps....oh and i have not been to a meeting in two or three years...and only three or four in the past 5 and that was around the memorial two or three years ago...i thought i was "off the radar"....that is much harder to do when your spouse or children or employees are jw's!!!!!!!!

ps again....so was i df'd for the blood transfusion?...or for wanting my privacy and medical privacy?...or for being less uncooperative?? and where is the scripte that you can be expelled for any of that?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?.............................oompa

• watersprout
    watersprout

Bunch of idiots! I really hope you and your family can pull together during this!

I hope your well on the road for recovery... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Peace Bec xxx

• minimus
    minimus

If you don't want to be df'd, I'd talk to them. I thought you were disassociated not disfellowshipped by YOUR action accepting the red stuff.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't know what to tell you, but I a so sorry that they did this to you. What a heartless group of bastards these elders are. To kick someone when they have been so hurt. Bunch of egomaniacs. I can't feel the love.

I think this may be an awakening moment for your son. I knew one parent who left after he saw how badly the congregation treated his daughter. Seeing this will cause your son to think.

Skeeter.

• tec
    tec

Unbelievable!! You were in an accident, fighting for your life... and their response is to df you?

*shakes head, uncomprehending*

I'd be tempted to meet with them to say exactly that.

Then I would bring up Jesus quote, (which he quoted from Hosea 6:6) "I desire mercy, not sacrifice"... and He was referring to the time that David went into the temple to eat the consecrated bread, which was unlawful. This was also His response to the teachers trying to condemn His followers for picking wheat on the Sabbath to eat. If they had known what this meant "I desire mercy, not sacrifice", then they would not have condemned the innocent.

Your 'committee' has done exactly what Christ rebuked those others for doing.

Tammy

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

How long is it since you were at a meeting oompa?

Why disfellowship you if you haven't been associating anyway? Who told them you had blood?

I hope it doesn't make family relationships too difficult. x

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am so sorry you are so upset. My heart goes out to you. This seems very unfair and cruel. So let me get this straight, you are inactive for several years, wife and son are in, you get in a life threatening accident, are on deaths door, and they call sometimes during your recovery, and want to know if you have taken blood or not because well, that is the rumor anyway? Then you get told out of the blue that you are DF'd?

So do you think this is because of the blood, or because you are outspoken against JW's?

What are the ramifications against this, will your wife and son go nuts? What about your employees, will they quit? I would be going apeshit myself that they did that with no warning and no basis. What are you going to do?

I would definitely stir the pot if they do this.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

That is bs. They probably think you had whole blood. Thus according to their thinking you disassociated yourself. If you only had fractions most of them are now allowed. I would call one of them up and tell them you received approved fractions. And ask for a different appeal committee under the circumstances. Being dfd is tough, it sets most into a whole new set of parimiters. stuck in

• oompa
    oompa

Mini_...i was unconcious!!!...no i did not have a NO BLOOD CARD in my wallet!!!

Mickey...i have not been to a meeting in about three years

skeeter i will give both nuts if my son would wake up!!!...and it may happen!!!...my wife?...NEVER!!!...nor my poor elder dad unfortunately....i am now dead to them

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The idiocy never ceases to amaze me! Maybe this will help your son see its all BS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit