Everything turns out the opposite to what they say

by alanv 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

When we were first introduced to the JWs I'm sure like me you were very impressed by their claims. Things like

1 God has a name

2 JWs are the only ones preaching throughout the whole world.

3 They show love to one another all the time

4 We are without doubt living in the last days

5 JWs base their religion totally on the bible

Now many of us are out of the religion I was wondering how you view those statements now.

Comments?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I'm still in though mentally out. It's good you're pointing out those things, because JW claim to be superior in applying them. I now know that:

1. God has a name but it's not in the NT, so it's not obligatory for Christians to use it non stop.

2. JW aren't the only ones preaching, effectiveness is up to debate (they have success in developing world, not so much in developed countries)

3. This was something that always bothered me when I was 'studying' with the JW - if love was the 1 identifying mark; i knew many churches whose members were really much more approachable, loving and out there to help each other.

4. It is not clear if we're living in the last days, even if we are, these days are definitely not 'deep into the end, start your countdown' like the JW teach. The earth will surely have an end scientifically speaking.

5. JW base many of their beliefs on their current interpretation, which is open to change. They take from the Bible what they'd like to see there.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

1 God has a name

JW's have commercially 'branded' their product with the name 'Jehovah'. A name Jesus didn't use and a name God didn't use about himself either (See NWT). The Borg is just a business posing as religion.

2 JWs are the only ones preaching throughout the whole world.

Or so they say! What about other religions that use other media? It doesn't matter what coverage you claim if the message is wrong!

3 They show love to one another all the time

Until a member has doubts or wants to leave. Until a member has a blood transfusion to save their life. ETC ETC. Then the love proves to be 'Conditional' only.

4 We are without doubt living in the last days

We're all gonna die that's for sure. 131 years of the end coming soon? It's been 'soon' for 131 years....please!

5 JWs base their religion totally on the bible

Totally based on the washTowel and the opinions of power tripping men who want your money, actually. Even their Bible has been tweaked and altered to suit their own deluded concepts and doctrines!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit