The Governing Body wants JWs to really, really understand this one point

by cattails 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cattails
    cattails

If you had to guess what point of their teaching

the Governing Body wants JWs to really, really understand,

what would you say that would be?

So that there's no doubt about it, today's daily text is Matt. 24:45.

The comment highlights that because Jesus "did not say that there would be a multitude of slaves scattered throughout the various sects of Christendom. Instead, he clearly stated that there would be only one “steward,” or “slave,” whom he would appoint over all his belongings."

Jesus didn't say that there would be a religious publishing corporation either.

Anyway it goes on to assert that... "So as The Watchtower has often explained, the steward must represent the “little flock” of anointed disciples as a collective body, or group."

Isn't it amazing how the suppositions and assumptions of statements found in

WT publications can be so boldly, and brazenly, affirmed? This despite the fact

that there is absolutely no proof in the scriptures put forth to support their claims?

What today's text highlights is really the Governing Body's lack of shame in bragging

about themselves and making sure the "individuals" who might claim an anointing

kow-tow to their kooky doctrine. As lording it over Christ's sheep, they've become

an evil slave who mistreats the Lord's belongings.

***es11 p. 18, Thursday, February 3***

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?—Matt. 24:45.

After raising this question, Jesus then went on to say that this slave would be rewarded for his faithfulness by being appointed over all of the Master’s belongings. (Matt. 24:46, 47) Jesus, the “master” in the illustration, did not say that there would be a multitude of slaves scattered throughout the various sects of Christendom. Instead, he clearly stated that there would be only one “steward,” or “slave,” whom he would appoint over all his belongings. So as The Watchtower has often explained, the steward must represent the “little flock” of anointed disciples as a collective body, or group. In the context of Luke’s Gospel, Jesus had just referred to these ones. (Luke 12:32, 42) The “body of attendants,” or “domestics,” refers to this same group but highlights their role as individuals. w09 6/15 4:1, 3

• elderelite
    elderelite

there are lots of point to be gottten from this, but i take a small one that grates on me.... when talking about the FDS, the above says

Jesus, the “master” in the illustration, did not say that there would be a multitude of slaves scattered throughout the various sects of Christendom.

and yet, when talking about the illistration of the dragnet, even though it only identified ONE dragnet, its ok to have that apply to the various organizations of christendom as well as JW's throughout time. I call "bullshit"!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It is always about loyalty to the cult leaders isn't it.

When I was in the 'troooooooooth' I was always very uncomfortable with how the GB always 'demanded glory'. Their arrogance finally broke my dub spirit! Own goal to those deluded weirdos the GB!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome punkofnice!

As my Muslim colleague has stated "Scripture must be interpretted for the times we live in. There will be many ancient writings that just no longer apply."

I think Matthew 24:45 falls into this category.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Heaven.

That scripture in no sense states there will be a bunch of psychopathic delusional power trippers in charge of a big business posing as a religion. No connection!!! LOL

• Heaven
    Heaven

That scripture in no sense states there will be a bunch of psychopathic delusional power trippers in charge of a big business posing as a religion. No connection!!! LOL

So true. This is one of my many issues with religion including the JWs. As we all know, scripture has always been used to justify whatever agenda men in power or men who want power wish to execute.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yup, Heaven. Aint that the undisputed....!!

If I had a quid for the amount of out of context scriptures in the washTowel borganization's teachings I'd be able to buy my very own cult!!

I'm beginning to see the advantages in following the flying spaghetti meatball monster!

• moshe
    moshe

The GB isn't discreet about telling JWs who their earthly LORD is over them-

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This reminds me of some post by SD7 where he exponds on WT article or bible passages. When he does it we know its a spoof and find his skill funny and amusing...When the WT does it 7 million take it as the word of god?!?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

.... and that is why that is the only subject worth discussing with JWs.

Kick the sand out from under that doctrine and it doesn't matter who the King of the North is, what Jesus was nailed onto, how many gods there are, whether, or not, god created humans in his image, had a penis, drowned koala bears, hates figs, hates apostates, hates Catholics, whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit