Legal action against JW/WBTS

by Nazereth 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Nazereth
    Nazereth

Is there any justifiable recompense for emotional scarring/loss of education etc caused by the brain washing/ indoctrination carried out by WBTS and its members??

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Naz: Excellent question. I suppose the lost time can never really be paid back ... but, I think that a cool $Million for each ex-JW would go along way in helping to salve many of the wounds. Might cost the Society a couple of $Billion, but they can afford it.

Victims of molestation shuld get much more, say $5 Million to $10 Million. Certainly, if the Society starts having to pay out some big judgments, they will suddenly have New Light, and make some serious policy changes.

We could call it severance pay ... you know, when they DF or DA someone for apostasy, then give them a check on the spot. That wold greatly temper thier temptation to send us off into oblivion. Thanks for the post.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey amazing - your millionairres come cheaper than ours

at the current exchange rate - we'd have to have $1,413,599.97 to be a £millionairre

um ... how many euro's is that ?

as for Nazereth's question - i would think not a chance as we all entered there 'in good faith' (sic) and did so with our 'own free will' (more sic) - although amazing's point about those abused is a good one - the borganisation has a 'duty of care' and they have been found wanting ... Matt 25:30

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Alliwanna: I would like to the the WTS placed into Receivership, all assets liquidated. Then pay out to vicitms of molestation and those who lost loved ones due to prison or lack of blood some large amount, like $10 Million. Then take the balance of JWs, and divide the amount on a sliding scale according to how many years each JW was in the organization.

As for "Free Will" ... maybe the following might be worth some discussion: If you go and buy a car, and the dealership says it is in perfect working order ... you rightfully expect to have them fix anything that goes wrong during some period of time following the purchase. If you pick out a car, and they deliver one that is not what you thought you selected, that is Fraud, and you are legally entitled to sue for the car plus compensatory damages and possibly punative awards.

The Watch Tower Society clearly failed to disclose the truth about their history, engaged in false prophecy, and covered over the facts. So, while we did join with some level of "Free Will" ... we were also defrauded. For if we had known then what we know now about their history and true nature, we would not have joined. The Fraud they committed caused us to make a decision we otherwise would not have made with full and open disclosure.

Unfortunately, religion is not held to the same standards as businesses and individuals ... so legally, it would be difficult for us to press a case here in the USA. But, if just one case gets through the courts and is won by the ex-JW Plaintiff, then that sets the case law for more and more cases. What do you think?

• picosito
    picosito

FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, music to our ears.

• nytelecom2
    nytelecom2
    Is there any justifiable recompense for emotional scarring/loss of education etc caused by the brain washing/ indoctrination carried out by WBTS and its members??

no silly...it doesnt happen

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Who committed the “crime?” Those who made the rules, or those who freely followed the rules? I blame only myself. However, I won’t let it happen again!

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• rekless
    rekless

they broke their contract with us...the ones that were baptized under the father son and holy spirit compared to the father son and spirit annointed organization.

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Like the saying goes "God protects idiots and small children" and trying to sue them would be futile.They have some of the best legal minds around.I have heard that when they have been sued all gloves come off and every legal trick is used.Brotherly love? not when money is involved!

• Nazereth
    Nazereth

Thank you for your replies. My thoughts are that as a "CHILD" I was subjected to prolonged mental abuse.Segregated from my peers in school, discouraged from any form of further education, (Now retracted as I understand it!)programmed to believe this world will soon disappear, which has ruined many relationships and jobs for me, I cannot seem to view anything in the long term, and all of this tied up with an if you ever leave knowing the truth, that is even worse!! Clause. Surely this kind of mental abuse which in my case started at the age of 9 cannot be considered to be entered into of my own will when I was a child being programmed by his unwitting parents!!! I suppose the legal get out would be that I would have to sue my parents.... which of course would not be an option, as they were duped too. (And still are!) I guess it is a case of at least I know now, and get on with it???????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit