Memorial attendance up or down on last year?

by freddo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Attendance will have a slight variation according to what day in the Easter week it is observed. If at the beginning or end, numbers will be significantly up, if in the middle it will either decrease or stand still. But the trend is upwards, although in these waves. Locally, it was up, double the number of publishers, and with three partakers.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thinking about it, I reckon that there will be more, based purely on the fact that it was exactly on "good Friday".

Some from the community would just come to do their annual "Easter" church visit somewhere new...with the witnesses....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Early time slot. Midwest USA English Cong.

Hall was full, but not standing-room-only. Similar to CO Sunday talk.

2 or 3 new "Bible Student" attendees.

One elder's adult child quite obviously NOT attending, who was always reg pub in the past. (Child is adult, living on their own, so will not affect Elder's appointment, but is 3rd child of 3 to leave The Troof -- 1 DF, 2 fade)

Doc

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I have heard a lot of reports from Kingdom Halls in the area that there was less than last year, for both time slots.

We had the first time slot and we were down 50+/- compared to last year. Last year we had the lobby full of people standing and this year we had empty seats and no one standing. We ran out of parking last year and this year we made it.

Like I said I am hearing quite a few reports of this from halls in our area.

However, somehow the number seem to inch up every year. I am starting to question their numbers. Somehow assemblies, conventions, baptisms seem worse every year and yet the number inch up.

I can't tell you how many witnesses I heard before hand saying this year we will have over 20 million!

"Noah" illustration when numbers are low and "Work speeding up" when numbers are high. It honestly doesn't matter what the numbers are, they'll be spun.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    If attendance was up by any chance, is most likely due to the coincidence on the date. At least where I am, most people would not spare time to attend multiple ceremonies. Given that Good Friday and the memorial felt on the same day, then chances are some people may have chosen to attend the JW memorial. I know of at least one "sister" (she is DFd) who I have not seen at the hall in years, showed up this Sunday but left early.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Up globally (Africa)

Down in western.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit