Memorial attendance up or down on last year?

by freddo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I don't care how many attended because the JW growth rate is still very low.

I am interested in the number of partakers and hope they have increased again.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I am interested but the problem is we can never REALLY know. The wt collects the numbers and publishes them without independent confirmation or auditing. They can say anything they want to make to the rank and file feel good. Locally (DC) we had a prime slot (7:30 start) and no one outside the regulars showed up. Purely anecdotal but i was unimpressed.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sad dubs on Saturday since attendance was less than expected.....

Hard to compare year on year since the congo had divided , but I gather they hoped for more.. No partakers around here, but those who nibble the matzo are often thought "strange" anyway so I don't think that matters now....I am sure that one day soon they will stop publishing the count of partakers

• millie210
    millie210

I think attendance will be up in spite of our wishing differently.

Has there ever been a year where it went down?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Same as BluesBrother. Had to draw my Mum out a bit but yes, she was 'dissappointed' by the attendance this year. Apparently people are just less appreciative these days . .

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    USA, Spanish. 212, up 13 from last year. No partakers. Increase due to families that moved in, NOT the field.
  • Gayle
    Gayle

for Millie

WT report:

2011 19,374,737 (worldwide) 2,563,518 (U.S.)

2012 19,013,243 - 2,502,055

2013 19,241,152 - 2,504,114

2014 19,950,019 - 2,505,825

So, 2012 showed a big drop on WW and US. 2013 showed slight increase from 2012 but still not as high as 2011. 2014 had a big increase for WW, but not much in U.S.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

First session was packed to the rafters...the second session was almost empty....

It all depends on the time and location...

overall though worldwide, there will be more in attendance I reckon....just because there are more born-ins and gullible people people drawn into the organisation....

It is a pure numbers thing too. The more witnesses there are, the more attenders of the memorial there will be. Sadly, the numbers of witnesses keep rising in less enlightened parts of the world.

It would be interesting to see numbers of attenders in "educated" parts of the world though....

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Who cares?

Really, who cares?

• steve2
    steve2

Who cares?

Really, who cares?

I do so I read this thread. Those who don't really care, won't be reading this thread. Next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit