New Light

by Spade 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bennyk
    bennyk

Re:"DECEMBER, 1880. THE RESTORED DOMINION. Soon, probably by, possibly before, the fall of 1881, we shall be changed-- born of the spirit [of which we are now begotten] into the glorious likeness of our Head." Spade comments :

That was written by AD Jones:

So what? As editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower, Russell approved that statement and others like it -- but later stated:

The WATCH TOWER never claimed that the body of Christ (congregation of Christ) will be changed to spiritual beings during this year. There is such a change do sometime. We have not attempted to say when, but have repeatedly said that it could not take place before the fall of 1881. -Zion's Watch Tower May 1881 p. 5-6
    His claim in May 1881 is untrue.
  • new light
    new light

I really need a new name.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

As other posters have already said, it is not wrong to improve upon understanding, that is how science works. However, we are not dealing with a simple group of students interested in better understanding the texts collected into a book, rather we have an elite hierchal religion that insists upon conformity to the dictates and doctrine of its leadership. I just had a conversation with 2 JWs today who insted they had the true religion. Normally I just hold my tongue and leave them to their beliefs but today I just had to ask what made them the true religion. The response first was that they didn't go to war and they were moral, to which I reminded them that there were many passivist faiths and individuals and when I asked if they felt JWs were the only moral people they of course said no there were many moral nonJWs. I then asked again why they were the true religion then and they said it was their correct doctrine. I asked if there doctrine ever changed. They grudgingly admitted it had. I went as far as to say that if a JW from 80 years ago appeared to them they wouldn't recognize them as a member of the true religion, they agreed. Then what is left I asked? I suggested JWs claim to be the true religion is because of their receiving corrections, messages and subtle changes through the WT. IOW they claim to be the True religion because they are always wrong. Ironic?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I really need a new name.

Wear it with pride my friend!

New light is a wonderful analogy to explain the human journey. No one sees the light all at once; it is always a process of which you become more adept at something as time progresses on. The end result is becoming a beacon of life and energy for whatever the original purpose was.

Sadly, the Witnesses don't have a current purpose other than tell others about their message. And that's fine with them... they are content with just waiting for God to assign them their "true purpose" in the new world and in the meantime spreading the news of how easy it is to get on God's good side.

To many Witnesses all the corruption from the inside is just Bible prophecy being fulfilled. That gets them excited about the future as they eagerly "keep their eyes on the prize."

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spade/AliceInWonderLand

I know a lot of it, but I've never read the Bible from cover to cover. A mistaken viewpoint doesn't change what the Bible says, make it untruthful or inaccurate.

I've read much of the Watchtower Society's early literature. It's all well written, put together and its aim is seamless conformity to God's Word..

If you have never read the entire Bible,How would you know if the Watchtower conforms to Gods Word?..

That`s the Dumbest thing you`ve Written since Yesterday...Yesterday you discovered Rabid Dogs had Rabies..

Have you discovered Chicken in a Bucket of KFC yet?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Spade
    Spade

" Dumbest thing you`ve Written"

Anyone can muck up a forum by posting random trashy pictures. It sounds like you're the one that went off deep end on inhalants; paint, glue, scotch-guard and who knows what else. Why don't you change your ID to Simple Jack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Outlaw, looks like you've touched a nerve.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Alice..

Most of what you post,is cut and paste..The rest makes no sense..

You expect an entire forum of Real JW`s,to believe everyone is wrong but you..

Your New Light thread is a Perfect Example..You have no Idea what your talking about..

You haven`t spent enough time around JW`s,to even understand the Concept of WBT$ New Light..

Instead of posting about things you don`t know..

Ask questions and learn..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• TD
    TD

The problem for me is not that they taught incorrect things in the past.

The problem is that over and over and over again, they claim that today's understandings were discerned many years earlier than they actually were.

For example:

Claiming that the Bible Students pointed forward to 1914 as the beginning of the "Time of the End" is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students anticipated that Jesus would receive his kingly power in 1914 is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students anticipated Christ's reign in 1914 is a lie.

Claiming that the Bible Students discerned Christ's invisible parousia ahead of time is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students had foreknowledge of the heavenly birth of God's kingdom in 1914 is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students predicted that the "Time of Distress" would commence in 1914 is a lie.

Claiming that Russell published Object and Manner in 1873 is a lie

Claiming that Russell had been unaware of the "Zero year" problem is a lie

Claiming that the very first issue of Zion's Watch Tower made known the significance of 1914 is a lie.

...Yet these claims are common things I read in The Watchtower and hear in the final discourse at JW conventions

• Spade
    Spade

"The problem for me is not that they taught incorrect things in the past.

The problem is that over and over and over again, they claim that today's understandings were discerned many years earlier than they actually were.

For example:

Claiming that the Bible Students pointed forward to 1914 as the beginning of the "Time of the End" is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students anticipated that Jesus would receive his kingly power in 1914 is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students anticipated Christ's reign in 1914 is a lie.

Claiming that the Bible Students discerned Christ's invisible parousia ahead of time is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students had foreknowledge of the heavenly birth of God's kingdom in 1914 is a lie

Claiming that the Bible Students predicted that the "Time of Distress" would commence in 1914 is a lie.

Claiming that Russell published Object and Manner in 1873 is a lie

Claiming that Russell had been unaware of the "Zero year" problem is a lie

Claiming that the very first issue of Zion's Watch Tower made known the significance of 1914 is a lie.

...Yet these claims are common things I read in The Watchtower and hear in the final discourse at JW conventions"

Everything is clearly put forth here;

jv chap. 6 p. 61 A Time of Testing (1914-1918)

Great Expectations

On June 28, 1914, Archduke Francis Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary was struck down by an assassin’s bullet. That assassination triggered the outbreak of the Great War, as World War I was originally called. The fighting began in August 1914 when Germany swept into Belgium and France. By the autumn of that year, the bloodbath was well under way.

“The Gentile Times have ended; their kings have had their day”! So exclaimed Brother Russell as he entered the dining room at the Brooklyn headquarters of the Watch Tower Society the morning of Friday, October 2, 1914. Excitement was high. Most of those present had for years been looking forward to 1914. But what would the end of the Gentile Times bring?

World War I was raging, and at that time it was believed that the war was leading into a time of global anarchy that would result in the end of the existing system of things. There were also other expectations concerning 1914.

Do they have to provide a detailed commentary every time they make a statement about 1914?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit