Elder did the prayer for him just before his execution.

by Iamallcool 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Warden Carl Humphrey, a hulking and deep-voiced man, confirmed all witnesses were present. He asked that viewers remain quiet, and called a Jehovah’s Witness chaplain for prayer. Hammond, breathing hard, nodded when the chaplain called him “a faithful servant.” He had no last words, no audible remorse.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I clearly remember when this happened here in Atlanta. Very disturbing case. Julie had even walked up someone's driveway to a house but when Hammond and his friends drove away she turned around and came back down to the street to try to get home. They circled back in the car and got her. We never understood why she didn't ring the doorbell and try to wake someone up. Probably didn't want to bother the homeowner.

They were talking about Hammond last weekend and the first of the week on the news about the fact he was going to be put down (finally). Good riddance. Too bad it took them so long. It makes me very angry to see the JWs have apparently embraced him. Calling him 'a faithful servant' just makes me sick to my stomach.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This dude probably converted in prison. JWs view a prison in their territory as the prime "at-home" field service spot.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I lived near Atlanta when Julie Love was kidnapped and murdered. This guy really got off easy, for what he did to her and the pain his and her families have been through. I have mixed emotions about the death penalty. Pitiful comfort the JW's offer really. If he truly believed the JW fantasy, he was looking at many years being conscious of nothing at all. Not much of a comfort really. I think he's sitting with people right now, being made to understand the suffering of everyone he ever hurt. Being helped to understand what went wrong. Perhaps then on to a rehabilitation program and "community service." Who really knows?

Julie Love

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was thinking today: this elder thinks this guy will make it into paradise, but all the good people and kids and babies will not make it because they are not JW's. What a messed up whacko god they worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit