Does anyone remember?

by Slidin Fast 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Way back in the 70s there were a couple of pictures that caused a stir. There was obviously a bit of humour or a subversive element in the art department.

One was in the “live Forever” book a picture of a happy family with a satanic ram ornament. This was changed into a lamp in later editions. I had both editions but alas no more.

The other is in the WT of a waterfall I think, if viewed upside down it showed a bearded traditional picture of Jesus hanging on the cross.

I know that there are loads of people who read messages into pictures but these were as clear as day. I still have the bound volumes but have never found the WT one.

Does anyone know who was responsible? Does anyone remember or have copies/references as to these.

SF

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I think these are discussed at some length over at koolaid-man's website at SixScreens. I think these little messages are all over the WT art - I think there are some folks in the art department that have wicked senses of humor and like to put these things in like "easter eggs" on DVDs and software apps. They need something to break up the boredom of what they are doing.

Is there anyone on this forum that served in the Bethel art department that might shed some light?

I doubt if any of those little bits are intended to be subliminal (mind affecting) art - I just think that some of the artists are jerking the WT's chain and having some fun.

JV

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

If some one has this if they could post it....I would like to see.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I remember the images in the Live Forever book.

• White Dove
    White Dove

How about the man's evil looking face in Jesus' hair as he's looking out over all the kingdoms he could have?

• Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit