JW vs Egypt

by Found Sheep 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My husband is from Egypt. His family left when he was 8. He was never a JW but because of his background has been extreamly helpful to me. We often talk about the similarities beween the control the Egyptian government has with the people and the control JW's have over there people. Thinking with this new "revolt" maily because of the internet that maybe, just maybe there will be a big revolt in the JW world.... Freedom is so sweet! When you realize you were withheld this right, it makes it even more special to enjoy now.

• Open mind
    Open mind

foundsheep: "We often talk about the similarities beween the control the Egyptian government has with the people and the control JW's have over there people. "

My wife and I concur. She's just finished listening to the audio book "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and the control of Islamic communities over women has many similarities to JWs. Although, to be honest, I think women are treated much worse in fundamentalist Islamic cultures than in JWism.

om

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that is now on my to read list. It's odd... My husband put the 1st dout in my head, way before we got together, just by talking about his Egypt life and how his dad got his family to the USA to have freedom... when he said what freedom was I realized I didn't have that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit