untitled

by misguided 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• misguided
    misguided

I have 6 children, 5 with another ex-jw, now aged 17 to 23, all happy to be out of the org.

However, I'm having trouble with my 6th, 13 years old, but mentally challenged due to a condition called cystic hygroma before he was born. He is mentally at (my guess from the other 5) a 9 year old's level. His dad has become a devout jw. (His dad got baptized while doing a 30-day jail sentnce (ankle bracelet) and then a year of probation for what he did to my other kids and me - yes, jehovahs holy spit at work.)

I need some simple, yet profound statements to make to him to reaize the "truth" is a lie from you smart people. He knows my position, but he is clearly appologetic to the JWs. Help????

• alanv
    alanv

To be honest I would have thought his brothers and sisters are the best people to show him that JWs ae not a good religion to follow.

The best line I can think of is how much of what the society have said has come true. Just about everything that has come from them has proved false. They only get things right that other non JWs have already said before.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am glad most of your childrenare free of the WTS. Unfortunately, the WTS obviously proved to be of no help for them. Hopefully, the older siblings can be there with love and support for your 13 year old.. With his special needs, the WTS will not be there for him in any real ways, only giving false promises.

Is there any groups or local organizations nearby that offer support and possibly some social network for families with children of disabilities?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I agree with Alanv.

I know 1 family that came into the truth when the oldest was 23. after baptism out of 2 more possible "converts" only 1 followed the parents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit