Dining at the King's Table

by cameo-d 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, from what we know of Daniel's table manners, he was a rather picky eater. Having petitioned the Chief of the Ball-less Ones that he should not have to eat the cuisine the King dished up, he was excused.

It's really comical to see how so many "religious teachers" turn this into an argument between meat eaters and vegetarians or use it to spread their dogma about "clean and unclean" hoof and foot type animals. These people don't really have a clue and they are misleading many others.

This is actually a parable that illustrates allegiance and obligation.

The King's Table is very much the same meaning as being "Under Roof". Have you not ever been scolded by your father saying "As long as you are under my roof (or eat at my table) you will do as I say!"? When one is taking responsibility for you because you are either powerless or you have given up your personal power to them, then they have the advantage of dictating to you. If you want your priveliges to continue, you are obligated to obey them.

You came under the Table of King Watchtower with your Membership in the organization. Your baptism was a public acknowledgement of their right to own you because you pledged an oath of allegiance when you "kissed the ring" so to speak, and proclaimed them as the mouthpiece of god before your dunking ritual.

Many JWs acknowledge their allegiance by repeating and believing that they are "receiving their food at the proper time." This putrid meat is the dictates of what you are told to believe and to accept it without question and the vegetables served represent what your actions of service will be. When you accept what is put on your plate, you will be rewarded if you eat everything and lick the spoon clean. Ahhh....here comes dessert.

The dessert is your privileges. You get to keep in touch with your family and friends, you get to hold the microphone, or write names on the magazine stacks, or work the book counter. Maybe if you are really nice and kiss ass, you will get the privilege of cleaning the hall.

That's it. Those are your crumbs from the table. These are the privileges you are trading your integrity for.

Of course, some people think Paradise is in the deal. It's not. They have never really said so, but they have made many believe it's part of the package. Nada. Not in the contract. No promises. No guarantees. No proof. You can be let go at any time and *poof* your claim to paradise goes with it.

"But Lord, I turned in time cards for 40 years! You owe me!"

"Who says? You worked for Watchtower Publishing Company, not for me," thus saith the Lord.

Each week that you sign your name to a timecard is an affirmation of your allegiance to them. And the time cards are a psychological play that you are doing something to earn your place in Paradise. If there was a Paradise it could certainly not be earned by what the JWs do shoving their lies and dogma down people's throats and distributing magazines that make children wet the beds at night.

For those who are faders, you are still at the King WatchTower's table. Just because you do not show up for dinner does not mean that a place has not been set for you. Your name is still on the placard and written in the Book of Debtors to WT.

• cameo-d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit