Quick Question RE: KM Elders School

by tresdecu 5 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Was there any specific 'new' direction given regarding faders...or long time inactive ones?

Also, how long is the school, I thought it was just a weekend. But it seems that an elder friend of mine just recently took the whole week off from his job to attend. (he's not a CoBoE so I know he didn't go to NY 'mecca') just curious. Thanks!

It's great to have some active elders here to feed us the insanity. Thanks for all your posts.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

bttt

lot of people posting today. wanted to give a quick bump b4 I log off, to catch a plane.

cheers. Have a good weekend folks!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The one I attended was a day and a half. The first day started at 1pm and ended at roughly 6pm. The following day was from 8am to 6pm. The latter was a rough day. A couple older, cantankerous elders actually left about an hour before it ended which I found humorous. With the exception of the COBOE's schools, I hadn't heard of any week long schools. That had to have been a grueling experience.

As far as faders and inactive ones, there was nothing new mentioned. Same ol, same ol.....

• yknot
    yknot

Active elders are expected to go to attend a weeklong elder school this year.....(though I am hearing of three weekend gigs too)

• yknot
    yknot

Emphasis was on shepherding (prevention rather than dealing with)......at least that is what I am hearing

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Emphasis was on obeying the GB (Matt. 24:45). It was terrible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit