Thoughts on "Landmark Education"

by What-A-Coincidence 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Landmark education is meaningless to me. Could you add some context? Supreme Court cases are referred to as landmark when they have huge importance and signal a change in the law.

• man in black
    man in black

I googled it and this came up :

Landmark Education

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search

Landmark Education LLC (LE) is a personal training and development company which offers educational programs in approximately 115 locations in more than 20 countries worldwide. [ 3 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ]

An employee-owned, private company, it has its headquarters in San Francisco, California. Landmark Education delivers its courses primarily to individuals in a group setting. [ 3 ] The company's standard introductory course is The Landmark Forum.

Landmark Education had its origins in the purchase [ 9 ] of the intellectual property of Werner Erhard, who developed the est training program . [ 10 ] Werner Erhard's lawyer, Terry Giles, [ 11 ] serves as Chairman of the Board of Landmark Education. [ 12 ]

Since its founding in 1991, Landmark Education has developed other courses. Its subsidiary the Vanto Group (formerly Landmark Education Business Development, or LEBD, from 1993–2007), markets and delivers training and consulting to organizations. [ 13 ]

• sir82
    sir82

Thoughts on Landmark education:

I think it is a Masonic Bilderberger reptilian gray plot to get us to ignore the fluoride being added to our Federal Reserve Notes so we will more quietly acquiese when the black helicopters come to carry us off to the FEMA camps.

• JeffT
    JeffT

In 1987 I took "The Forum" which was a successor to EST before it was sold to Landmark. I found it to be interesting and it may have contributed to my leaving the witnesses. However, there were a zillion follow up classes (all of which cost some pretty hefty bucks) and I spent the next six months or a year telling ESTies I didn't have the time or money to take more classes. After a while it started to feel like I'd failed to turn in my field service report or missed to many meetings.

I don't know if this is still true of Landmark. Before I took a course from them, I would do some serious investigation.

• SnowQueen
    SnowQueen

Landmark promises Courage, Self-confidence, Freedom from Resentment and Regret, Peace of Mind, The Ability to Fully Express Your Love, The Ability to Make Decisions Without Doubting Yourself, and Happiness For me, personally, they didn't disappoint.

There are many mixed reviews online, some swear it's a cult, others say it's nothing like a cult - you can read both extremes here: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/landmark-education-los-angeles - for a balanced view from both sides I recommend reading all 27!

Its worth noting that the Landmark Forum is not therapy and doesn't claim to be. I would say that many people make more progress in the three days of the Forum than they do in years of therapy, however if you choose to do the Forum and you have suffered any kind of abuse, I would recommend that you also consult a therapist as part of your recovery, as the Landmark Forum is not a substitute for that.

Ultimately, I always say you can't have an opinion on anywhere, anyone or anything, unless you've been there, met them, or done it...so if you're curious about the Forum and whether or not it would make a difference to you, why not go and find out first hand. You never know if you don't go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit