Crazy stupid bible, found another problem concerning Jesus death story, and its funny too

by Crazyguy 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Matthew 27:50-54New International Version (NIV)

50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[a] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

Did you catch it? Look closer at verse 53 notice?

Ok if you didn't notice the scriptures state that Jesus dies then people are resurrected, tombs broken open, yet they didn't come out and go around into the city until, AFTER, Jesus was resurrected. So what did these newly resurrected ones do for 3 days, play with their toes? To funny all the mistakes one finds with this holy book once your eyes are open and your brain working.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Holy s***t! I never noticed the "after his resurrection line! Great catch
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Good catch. I never noticed that either. Something to add to the list of "this don't make no sense".
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Greek word egersis (a rising up) is rendered "resurrection" in your translation. (http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1454&t=KJV)

The Greek word anastasis is the commonly used word for resurrection.

Perhaps the "rising up" was referring to Jesus being actually raised up vertically after being nailed.

Just a thought.

P.S.

On the other hand, one Bible version reasons that verses 52 & 53 are very likely to be spurious. http://www.2001translation.com/MATTHEW.htm#_27:52

• gda
    gda
    they were zombies for days
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I guess they thought they shouldn't leave until Jesus left his tomb.

Out of respect of course .

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"It just so happens that your friend here is only 'mostly dead'. There's a big difference between 'mostly dead' and 'all dead'."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAKLTktY0

Princess Bride is much better written than the Bible.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I don't know the accuracy or how precise Roman history doing

that time, but don't you think that may have been mention.

My God if the Pope died and came back along with other Popes that had

died and walked the streets of Roman, that is something you will never forget.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Rotfl!! Billy your killing me 😂
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Searcher your ruining a good thing, plus he was raised up on the cross before he died so I think your point is wrong and the translation being spurious that translation group is a bunch of ex JW's and I have seen where they get their translation wrong because they were indoctrinated JW's at one time.

Any way Zombies for three days I love it, GDA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit