Los Testigos de Jehova y las transfusiones de sangre

by porfiada 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Just as a suggestion, I think that rule should be changed to not posting in languages other than English without a translation, in the understanding that, this being a website maintained by speakers of English, basically for speakers of English, it is also a place where people of many other languages could get to find the information that is lacking in their own native tongues. ... The ability to post here and read a translation would immensely help others.

I think that's a great idea.

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hi again

I am sorry i did not translate the message for you. There is nothing in the post that you don't already know. Next time I will provide a translation, ok?

I also know that we are mostly ex-JWS.

I am officially an inactive JW but I don't see the need to DA because they can't even find a record of my baptism . So I said informed JW so as not spook active JWs, plus I am not lying!

The intention of the post was to create a headline for and Spanish-speaking JWS who want to research the blood policy can find where to go for all the REAL info, as provided in Spanish on the AJWRB website. I don't know how to make a link here, I just copied and posted the http of the Spanish AJWRB website.

I appreciate that in this forum we are well informed, with personal experiences from ex bethelites and the like, and its such a shame that Spanish and other language-speaking countries cannot easily access this info. I grew up in LatinAmerica with the JWs over there.....so I would really like to make more eye-opening info available to Spanish speaking JWs, as it is in these countries and Africa where it seems that the major growth of the WTS membership is nowdays.

I would like to find such a good forum as this one in Spanish!!

Let me know if you have nay ideas of topics to put here with a translation. I thought the the most urgent topic is the blood one.

Cheers

Porfiada ( a "muneco porfiado" is a dolly that always bounces back. This just plain porfiada, as I have been in and bounced out twice. Don't think I am going agan though because this time I have done my research.

• dgp
    dgp

I agree with you, Porfiada. I think people like you (and I) can bridge that gap and connect speakers of Spanish and speakers of English, or speakers of other languages as well, provided they all speak English.

I believe that having articles with translations on this forum is helpful simply because there are lots more information in English than there is in Spanish. And the level of such debates is certainly higher on a forum like this than in others - in general, because sometimes speakers of English just don't get it. I believe that posting here about the experiences in other communities can have what other people call a "viral effect", a term I do not particularly like but is appropriate this time. Say that one native speaker of Spanish finds information on this site, sees that information in Spanish (or French, or Japanese, or Chinese) and refers others to read that. Then the information and the discussions found here would reach even more people, who would in turn relay the information to others.

Check EXTJ.COM. In there, you could play the same role you want to play here.

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hi dpg

I had though of making up a Facebook groupo, for example, for Spanish speaking JWs but the problems are that JWs are of course discouraged to have a Facebook profile, so they couldn't join as followers, and that anyone who joins might be worried that other JWs may see their affiliation on FB.....I guess the proper thing would be to launch a website, but I don't think I can give that much attention to it, and have no clue how to make it.

Thanks for the EXTJ.COM, I will check it out. It could be helpful to find some other ways of getting some messages out there....although if I were an active TJ I probably wouldn't look at Ex-TJ websites, so it could be hard to get any to take a look.

I see that the unofficial JW/ TJ website http://www.noticiasteocraticas.org/ has the study Watchtower PDFs in various languages. It could be a start for us to access their material, though it probably is just the most recent issues.

I have found a forum for JWs but they seem to be quite nuts, they just yell at each other!! They are complaining about apsotates....it is supposed to be for JWs only: http://foro.univision.com/t5/Testigos-de-Jehová/bd-p/testigosdejehova

Its hard to know where to go!

• dgp
    dgp

You are of course free to create a website of your own if you want to, but you don't have to do that.

If you want information, I find that Freeminds and Jwfacts are very good. I like JWFacts very much. It has a serene and polite tone and you see that the web site owner who, by the way, you can find here, is not a fanatic thirsty for blood. Not because we're talking here, but JWN (this site) is also very good, in a different way.

But, if you were or are a witness, I suppose that you know everything you need to know by now. You don't have to make sense of what you read, unlike me. You're there for the interaction and for comparing notes.

You can find a wealth of information in Spanish on Freeminds. The people at EXTJ.com can help you as well. They have a good website and some very good posters, though their community is much smaller for the obvious reason that the Spanish speaking world tends to have less access to internet and less of a habit to find information there. Also, the Spanish speaking community has been burned for a much shorter time. I don't think there are many Spanish-speaking active witnesses who have been in the religion for, say, three generations.

4Jehova.org has information in Spanish as well. However, they tend to have a more religious approach to things. I am not religious and I prefer a different approach. Now, you (and others) have a right to believe that there's a God out there and my kind of information will not be what you would like.

Those websites you mentioned are for active Jehovah's witnesses only.

• porfiada
    porfiada

HOla

Encontre un aritculo en Espaniol sobre este tema, donde hay varios mas artciuclos en este idioma sobre temas relacionados con la Sociedad Watchtower.

Este articulo se titula Gene Smalley y la Doctrina de Transfusión de Sangre de la Watchtower y esta ubicado en (les ruego copiar y pegar porfavor esta dirreccionen una nueva barra de direccion HTML) http://www.freeminds.org/languages/espanol/gene-smalley-y-la-doctrina-de-transfusion-de-sangre-de-la-watchtower.html

Espero les sea util

Saludos!

Porfiada

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hi fellow English -speaking friends,

Just so you know, I added in my last comment on this blog a link for an article from www.freeminds.org on Gene Smalley (the main person behind the "New Light" on blood transfusions (BT).

@dgp Thanks for the other sites, I totally agree with you that freeminds and jwfacts and are probably the best sites for good info confused JWs. As well as this forum..... Hey, so never were a witness? What attracts you to this website? Have you got JW family?

The blood issue got me out of the borg this time. I loved the biblical explanation from the AJWRB website, though I doubt that there are for real many active witnesses behind that site. JWs just churn at the thought of accepting a BT. Thanks for your help!

OOPs I see I made many typos in my Spanish post- must proof read next time!

Cheers

Porfiada

• dgp
    dgp

"Testigo de He Man" (He-Man's witness) is translating the new elder's manual into Spanish. His blog can be found here:

http://estudiodelaatalaya.blogspot.com/

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Why can't we wikileak a Spanish manual? There are plenty out there. If magazine circulation is any guide, there are more Spanish congos worldwide than English ones.

BTS

• dgp
    dgp

Burn the Ships, if you can find the Spanish version, that would be extremely appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit