DA Letter Script - Minimum Requirements?

by alias 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alias
    alias

If I am to write and send the minimal of a DA letter, stating that I do not consider myself a JW (baptized as a minor), what do I need to include in the letter to make it valid? Also:

1. Who should the letter be addressed to? (Do I need to send duplicates: one to local cong, one to headquarters?)

2. Do I need to send it certified mail?

Thank you,

alias

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, oh boy. I am going to enjoy watching you shake off your shackles over the next weeks and months. If I were you, I'd address it to the local congregation. Let them worry about copying in who needs to know. Don't bother with certified mail. Don't even bother with a stamp. Again, their problem.

How about this for the body, "Due to personal doubts that I am not prepared to discuss with the elder body, I no longer consider myself a Jehovah's Witness. Thank you,"

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Apparently you need to sign it too, mine was sent back because I didn't sign it. Seems silly though as any other contract (utility bills etc.) you don't need go sign to end. As far as I was concerned it was a valid letter, but they might send yours back also if not signed.

• alias
    alias

That's helpful. Thanks, both of you!

• alias
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If you submit yourself to *any* of their 'requirements' then you are, well, still under their control.

If you choose to write something, here is one of the most simple DA Letters you can do:

Tack a note to the KH door that says: "Dear Watchtower Society - You're Fired! Sincerely, Alias"

This idea taken from this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/115099/1/I-fired-the-Watchtower-Society

Congrats on your decision to leave. Myself, I am not DF'd and did not DA. Merely up and walked out of the Hall in the middle of a talk one day.

-Aude.

• alias
    alias

Aude, I hear ya. I'm considering this as creating a necessary boundary. Hubby is still in and I went back for a year. Yadda yadda yadda... I terminated my coming back "study" recently and am feeling the need to take my stand.

• Billen76
    Billen76

Actually ones commitment to the Society has no legal worth. You can just leave and don't look back. You are free allready, your letter is just a statement they can accept or not. So think it through: Do you wish to consider your baptism invalid OR do you wish to apply for Disassociate yourself from the Society?

If the latter just state: I, [name], no longer wish have association with the congregations of Jehovahs Witnesses. (or something else, it all works)

If the former, I could forward a translation of the letter I am working on, that appeals to the Society to respect my view that my baptism as a minor is invalid and thus should be annulled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit