When to expect CO visit?

by ChakkaConned 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

My understanding is that when a CO comes for a visit to a cong., the first day he reviews the pub records, etc. Is there a certain day or day's during that week that he accompanies the elder's to specifically call on inactive ones? Is there a set schedule or time that the CO follows during his visits for this? I know there's an elder's meeting, a pioneer meeting at predetermined times.

Does anyone have the inside track on this? The CO in my old congregation will be there in 3 weeks and I am expecting a visit this time. I don't want to be surprised if at all possible. I haven't made up my mind whether I'm ready to talk with him or to be a "not at home." It would help to have some idea as to when he may pop in.

Thanks for any input.

CC

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Wednesday was the servant’s meeting with the CO, with the Service Overseer making recommendations on who to visit throughout the week. The visit would come any time after Wednesday.

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• Jourles
    Jourles

Best day? Try Saturday. The last two times I received a visit from the CO was on Saturdays.....while my wife was out in fs of course! I wonder how they knew I might be home? Oh, and the CO is always accompanied by 'your' favorite elder. What I mean is, whichever elder you have the best relationship with is the one that most likely will show up too. At least that is what happened with me.

• messenger
    messenger

Generally the CO reviews the records between twelve and two on Tuesday. He usually meets with the PO or Secretary though preferred at least a member of the Service Committee. After all records are reviewed then he will have a list of all inactive or people with problems that are given to him at that time. This is usually prepared in advance by the SO or SEC from the records at hand. At the meeting Tuesday night he wil generally make arrangements on which elders are availiable during the week he is going to work with. I have found that generally is in the afternoon after he works with car groups in the morning. They generally schedule two visits per afternoon one around 1:30 and another around 3:00 unless someone is not home then you might get bumped up or they go on a backup call. These calls are made on Wed-Fri with magazine work on Saturday. The pioneer meeting lately has been shifted to Wednesday to make room for field service on Saturday afternoon, or that can be preempted if their are meetings on problems to be dealt with. Sunday is generally a short meeting after the talk and wt with about an hour of service as he is ready to get out of town. So what do you get from all of this? If you are going to be called on it is probably going to be Wed-Fri between 1:30 to 3:30 PM. They may call before, they may not.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

ThiChi, Jourles, Messenger...thanks! This info is very helpful. I'm in the clear for the Wed-Fri schedule because of work. I wasn't sure if they called at nighttime for those they missed during the day. Looks like if I'm caught, it will be on Saturday. I'll either be ready or out of Dodge.
    Thanks again!
    CC

• Moxy
    Moxy

since the last few years, increased attention is given to this part of the visit (presumably because there is more need) so inactive visits could be done any time from wed-sat, generally in the afternoons. even sunday service lately, the CO has been scheduling such visits.

mox

• Andyman
    Andyman

In the past 6 years I have had ONE visit from the C.O. and that was on a Saturday, and the elder who came was the one who I got along with the best, or should say the elder who I had been talking to the most about the problems I had.

The C.O. only stayed about one hour and it was really a joke. He did most of the talking and when I did get a word in it was like he didn't even hear it. All he did was make excuses for the problems that were going on, the slander that was being spread, and the cover up that the elders were doing to protect the P.O.'s wife.

Since then there have been at least two new C.O.'s come and go and not one of them has ever stopped by our house. I think the P.O. has made sure that they stay away from us during the C.O.'s visit!

I don't know if they still do it, but we were called ahead of time to make sure we would be home. And we had requested the meeting with the C.O. through the elder who brought him months before his visit.

Take care.

Andyman:

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

my suggestions would be:
    ~~screen phone calls thru answering machine both the week before and week of his visit.
    ~~hide car in garage (in my case it would be parking up the street a bit instead of in front of the house).
    ~~lastly, IF i decided to answer the door, i would do so as scantly clothed as i felt comfortable and politely (or not ) tell them they should have called ahead.

at this point, they are NOT going to get a hold of me. no way no how. they had their chance. they blew it. but thats just me. i wont give them the satisfaction.

anyhow, just wanted to share those ideas with you. at least you have a few weeks to decide if you want to meet with them.

good luck on whatever you decide!

Kat
    Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

"When in doubt, do the loving thing." ~ 8yr old "Pirate"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"the CO is always accompanied by 'your' favorite elder. What I mean is, whichever elder you have the best relationship with is the one that most likely will show up too." LOL How true, Jourles!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit