- I was at a special meeting say 3 years ago and there were security guards near the platform. Not the same as bodyguards but yes, there are security guards.
Socrateswannabe - "I have heard that... the governing body travel with entourages or bodyguards. Does anyone know this to be a fact?"
They do if they know what's good for 'em.
There are XJWs out there who are not nearly as calm and rational as us.
- My wife told me the highlight of the International convention that she went to in Hawaii was seeing Stephen Lett walking around during intermission. He was escorted by 4 big, burly bodyguards wherever he went. She remembered the excitement as the Samoan room suddenly went hush at lunchtime as Lett walked in (with his four musclemen) went to the platform and announced the silver sword release in Samoan.
- Don't cha know...Rock stars need bodyguards!!! lol
- Reminds me a little of 'Animal Farm' (George Orwell). I'm sure I recall that the governing pigs came to be surrounded and protected by snarling dogs ...
- If they're going to heaven why bother with bodyguards
- When I worked security at conventions 20 years ago, I was always picked to work GB escort...I suspect because I was a police officer. They speak against the profession as "not above reproach", but certainly have no issue with using the skill set to their benefit.
They are hotshots in the org and there are some folks out and about the could conceivably have anger towards them-or who just want to make a statement, generally. In a big crowd it seems like not a bad idea, honestly. Few are young men and there are some angry folks around.
HOWEVER, if one considers that until maybe 15- 20 years ago, Bill Gates traveled around in a Toyota Camry kind of car on his own when he was worth a LOT more than the Org ever has been. . . they do seem to be rather self important generally. A lot more folks give and gave a darn about what Bill gates did and said than will ever give a rats ass about what the Borgians have to say.