Protests of January 21, 22

by Cthulhu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Some, if not most, of you are aware, I am sure, that a two day peaceful protest aimed at the discrimination techniques of the Watchtower Society are being planned internationally for January 21 and 22. Letter writing has been suggested as a supplement to signs and marchers. This seems a useful opportunity for those on this board who still have access to their congregation directory to send letters anonymously to those within their own Hall. Information about these two days of "special activity" as well as sample letters can be found at http://christianwitnesses.com/id346.html.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I worry that this will not be a large enough protest to attract any attention in the states. If NYC organized something large and attracted media attention...that would be amazing. But I don't see many people that are motivated enough to take a large part in this. Maybe I'm wrong...

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I might be interested in doing some letter writing. I will think about it.

• CUTAWAY
    CUTAWAY

After reading an article today, from one of the JW-Witness-approved sites, about a young woman who refused to wear a "santa's helper" hat while wraping christmas packages.....(that should have also been an issue for them), she filed discrimination and persecution charges against her former employee for monetary remuneration........I had a thought...here it is;

It is with great interest that a large number of "self-disassociated" or "dis-fellowshipped" Ex-Jehovah's witnesses follow stories of persecution and discrimination such as these.
    After being a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses for 39 years, all the time lauding the Watchtower Organization's success, as it won numerous legal cases involving the "Human-rights" of it's followers.
    I must confess that their position of complaint in cases such as this one, now turns my stomach.

The TRUE hypocracy that has emerged from this "Organization" regards the discrimination against any members who have decided to "leave the Jehovah's Witness religion". In the minds of many, this nullifies, and negates the seriousness or persecutorial claims of unjust treatment by JW's against their former and present employers.

Most of these types of mundane claims of job-related persecution/discrimination, are ended with a cash settlement to the Jehovah's Witnesses, on a personal basis.
    They are paid in full for their pain, therefore it nullifies any claims of persecution they are also holding on to.

The truly "persecuted" ones, are the ex-members, who, after changing their beliefs, decided to leave because of matters of Christian Conscience, and they have been subject to loss of familial correspondance, business loss, health loss, social humiliation, and depression...all because they decided they did not believe as the Jehovah's Witnesses do.

The "Watchtower Society" has demanded that their remaining members shun, and literally HATE all members that leave, regardless of the reason. Now THIS, when compared to wearing a santa's helper hat, is true religious persecution, and discrimination.

We, the undersigned, do not ask for financial remuneration.
    We ask for justice.
    We ask that all who are reading this post, research this religion, The Jehovah's Witnesses, and make a dispassionate judgement as to the rightfulness of their stance on shunning ex-members, when compared to the freedom of choice and happines they promise before undergoing membership.

We forgive the innocent ones that follow this "against-Christ" like hatred, and ask that they realise the hurt, and pain they are promalgating.

We ask that if you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses reading this, to "make sure of all things" regarding the orders you are receiving from your leaders...are they truly reflecting Jesus Christ's Spirit and love?, and are you not going to be held accountable for persecuting persons on this earth, regardless of what they believe, or don't??

"When the wolves were in the sheep-pen, they did not follow the few that escaped..."

Thank you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Has anyone planned to contact the media about the protests? I did a pretty thorough google search and the protests show up nowhere except anti-JW sites.

• OBVES
    OBVES

This is not the time to fight Jehovah's Witnesses as they are decidedly the best christian organization . You are trying to jump from frying pan into fire. There is no other organization that beats Jehovah's Witnesses . What you want people to do ? Join a baptist church or a catholic church which distorts the Bible most ?

Now there are billboards all over the world posted on roadsides about May 21 ,2011 as the beginning of the Judgement Day !

This is like a wildfire and should get your attention . http://www.familyradio.com and then go to http://www.focusonthebible2011.com to learn

that this coming new Jewish year ( it begins on September 29 ,2011 ) may start up the greatest transformation in mankind's history and you still can join the process and declare it to others before it is too late.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This is not the time to fight Jehovah's Witnesses as they are decidedly the best christian organization .
    this coming new Jewish year ( it begins on September 29 ,2011 ) may start up the greatest transformation in mankind's history and you still can join the process and declare it to others before it is too late.

Then why doesn't the "best christian organization" agree with the second idea?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Best

Christian

Organization

There are three words that don't belong in the same sentence together.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

The world wide protest against the Watchtower Organization for their breaking up families and shunning former members has now began. We encourage you to to participate in this event. We want the world to know the problems the Watchtower Org. is causing in deliberately encouraging family members to shun or avoid contact with former members. Come out from behind your computer screens, stand tall be courageous speak out and let the world know how dangerous The Watchtower Org. is. The world wide protest begins Friday Jan 21, 2011 and ends Sun. Jan 23.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Has anyone planned to contact the media about the protests? I did a pretty thorough google search and the protests show up nowhere except anti-JW sites.

Hence the trouble with a marginal website of a marginal sub-group of a marginal group of a marginal group.

People like to think they are important in the world when they are simply a small fish in a small fishbowl entrapped in a larger fishbowl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit