Just thought of something today, regarding "faithful slave"

by WontLeave 2 Replies latest jw friends

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of 'that faithful and wise servant,' and that his great work was giving to the household of faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation - w12/1/1919 p357

Russell died in 1916 and taught that Jesus' parousia had started in 1874. This would allow him to believe Jesus had already identified his "faithful and discreet slave" and appointed "him over all his belongings." So, fast forward to today, and JWs teach that Jesus didn't come until 1914 and appoint a "faithful and discreet slave" until 1919. This would mean that by its own admission (at least on that occasion), the Society (which was pretty much just Russell, back then) presumptuously claimed to be this "faithful and discreet slave" way back at the very beginning.

I understand why the Society now deny Russell identified himself as the FDS. It would raise a red flag that this title was usurped by the founder of the JWs, so why should anyone believe the present WTS GB are identified by Jesus to be the FDS? It's been presented time and time again that the only reason the current GB cling to the 1914 date is to assure their own position as the FDS. If they can make people believe Jesus picked the guys in 1918 as his "faithful and discreet slave", they can ride their coattails. I'm not really sure what these current guys have to do with those guys, but it's all they have, so they bluff that hand for all it's worth.

• moshe
    moshe

If the GB tries to put the old F&DS class in the closet, then a JW needs to ask, who was the F&DS before the GB was established in the mid 70's? The timeline for the F&Ds is that is has been continuous line of faithful servants who safeguarded the truth. Nothing jives with the WT faithful slave doctrines anymore.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

my opinion even if its off tracked is jw including myself got infected by the love bomb, by attacking other religions they make themselves seem superior in slightly different word but their words are when u toot your own horn you are putting down others when u put down others your tooting your own horn. u get my point. It is sad that if u strive to have a somewhat deep detailed discussion with anyone including jws most don't want to think and that is why many of us are or were infected by lies. one can use love as a tool for selfish reasons. good can come from bad and bad can come from good if one knows how to us it to their advantage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit