Verifiable Former Bethelite Willing to Answer questions

by Uzzah 94 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Thanks for this, Uzzah.

I would love to hear what was discussed about the "generation change" That one thing seems to have made so many people start questioning and eventually leave.

Good to see you, friend. I'm so happy you made it home safely.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi Uzzah, please keep in touch with this board. There is a thirst here for what you know!

Hoaby

• life is to short
    life is to short

Sorry but I do not really remember you, but am so glad you are here. I too do not believe Johnnie, I was at Brooklyn Bethel in the early 90's and what he says about underground bunkers and such is just not true.

If I had saw and heard his story when I first came to this board I probably would not stayed. It would have scarred me away maybe even back into the WT. You sound so sane and like you know what you are talking about, I believe you.

I went back to some of your older posts but I did not find what made you leave. What woke you up? Do you have family still in? Did you leave Bethel not believing? Or did you leave just having doubts? What about the child abuse issue someone said you posted about that. That is what woke me up. Just wondering. We visited the Canada Branch when we were at Bethel and the brothers and sisters there seemed so much nicer then at Brooklyn just way more friendly. I do not know if we just hit it right or what.

For those of us who are sort of newer to this board it would be interesting to know what was you awaking moment.

Thanks again for your great answers.

LITS

• shamus100
    shamus100

Uzzah! :D

Glad to see you and hope you are safe after your latest aid trip.

I have no real questions, but just wanted to comment that I'd prefer it if you made outrageous claims and then run away and say nothing. ;) And I'd prefer it if you spoke through the six screens of the watchtower guy. ;D

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

LITS, Jon never made any specific claims about underground bunkers. He only stated that a construction crew has recently been implemented to who knows where and for what! No one knows. He, and others, were only speculating about bunkers, but no claims were made that they exist or are beginning to be built.

I am now into the second tape....

I still believe much of what he is saying, but cannot take definite sides at this tiome .

And thank you Uzzah for your valuable input! :)

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome back Uzzah. Nice to see you posting again.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Uzzah,

I would like to ask a question. On the original call there was mention of an entire department to help those who were getting too stressed out, or those individuals who were experiencing mental problems due to the hectic pace, or just all the demands placed upon them. Is any of that true?

My experience is that there really are a lot of mental health issues in the WTS. I have two family members that are currently active elders, and they aren't so .... well... discreet about what they say. I know there are ten women in the KH right now that are on medication for depression (only ten that I've heard of, there could be more). Recently, I've heard from family (about 1200 miles away right now) that are witnesses, and a close cousin that I always considered very stable is now taking anxiety medication.

When Jonny said there was a department at Bethel to help these people, and that they were always full, it didn't seem that radical to me - based on the pattern I'm seeing locally.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

MeanMrMustard

• sabastious
    sabastious

Uzzah, by your estimation how much is the Organization worth now and how much was it worth when you were at Bethel?

-Sab

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MEANMRMUSTARD:

I also have noticed that there are far TOO many people in the religion who take medication for mental issues. This is NO coincidence. Sadly, many of these people are women. I always felt that the culture and the mentality of the religion and its teachings either causes or aggravates depression.

In the case of all these women, in some cases it was because the religion held them back from making something of themselves and they are dependent and needy as opposed to being independent and self-sufficient. This kind of insecurity certainly breeds depression - especially when they hit middle-age and their health and good looks are fading and chances of marriage are nil and Armageddon hasn't come yet to save them....They will find they are targeted by "users' like I was. I RAN from these users and my conscience certainly didn't bother me over it. NO SIR. But maybe other deluded JW females might feel it is their lot in life to be doing favors and they might fall for some bull about 'christian personality' meaning they should be a doormat and tolerate every kind of intrusion. This self-sabotaging behavior causes depression.

It also cannot be ignored that the congregations are hotbeds of trouble and gossiping. The so-called 'friends' are literally devouring each other with gossip and other trouble. It is so bad that some people are compelled to leave their hall and go elsewhere, just for their emotional well-being. Back in the day when I was 'active' in the religion I could not tolerate this. It was at a point that I could not even be in the company of certain people. Believe me, nobody is going to go out of their way to attend a kingdom hall when somebody there is making trouble for them. This was certainly no 'oasis'. Far from it. And all this crap is in addition to everything else that is wrong with the religion. Who the hell needs it? I felt it was more upbuilding to stay home.

They can take this religion and shove it.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Uzzah!!! My friend!!!

So good to hear from you.

Marvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit