Need controls on links page. Links are currently 100% apostate

by johnwscott 4 Replies latest forum suggestions

• johnwscott
    johnwscott

I am relatively new to this site, so I don't know the tone of the discussion, but the links to Jehovah's Witnesses-related sites on this site is 100% apostate. If this is an "apostate" site, that that is understandable. If this isn't, but it is Jehovah's Witnesses-oriented site, then that is not desirable. If this attempts to stradle both sides of the issue, or be neutral, then a links section with 100% or more than 30% strictly apostate sites, most of which were posted by two users, isn't neutral or ethical. It gives a misimpression from one negative viewpoint of Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, depending on the position that this site is trying to take, I would recommend not allowing any one user to contribute more than 3 links on the Jehovah's Witnesses links page, and not allow socketpuppetry either, that is a user using multiple names.

• yknot
    yknot

HiYa Bro. Scott!

I am one of the active Sisters on this site....

The site is a 'discussion forum' it has a mixed bag of posters.

I do post jw.org a lot, I know I a few will link 'stuffforjws blog'...... jw-media gets linked.....as well as watchtower.org.

I have also seen stan milosev (sp) site linked, jwgift.org and others.

I hope you stay we could always use another reasonable voice here !

So what brought ya here?

• carla
    carla

Welcome! no need to fear any links, truth fears no scrutiny. You can learn much here and at those other sites.

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome seeker of truth!

I recently posted a topic with information from WatchTower.org to explain a subject. If active JWs want postive Internet information/anecdotes then they need to post them. Currently when you do a google seach for "jehovah's witnesses" the vast majority of links point to websites with negative WatchTower viewpoints. JWs perform millions of hours of "life saving" door to door preaching every year- so where are the positive stories about this life saving work? Four JWs die in Texas when their Toyota car crashes into a pond while they are out in service and that makes the news- five JWs die in a plane crash while they are flying to a JW building commitee meeting and that makes the news. Just where are some positive stories? - and I don't mean the tired quick-build kingdom hall stories--

The WatchTower Society needs to address the bad PR they have made over the years, before the JWs can get some community respect- IMO-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

How do you feel about this?

• nugget
    nugget

This is an open forum which allows all points of view. If you feel there is a lack of balance then please feel free to address this in your own posts and contributions to the site. I would also request that you have an open mind, the truth cannot be turned into a lie through exposure to the facts. If the facts do not always match with what you have been taught then you need to address that in your own mind.

The links you condemn have been an excellent source of information and raise some difficult questions for the society, by ignoring what they say does not change their veracity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit