SOUL - THE CONCEPT

by Band on the Run 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My family left decades ago. When we were active, there was much ado about the word soul, being nonscriptural. I think the New World Translation was written to avoid the word. Reading the word in school literature made me nervous. I am Anglican and I know soul has a more nuanced meaning than for Catholics. My father berated men at work. He was so happy to prove to a Jesuit (he should have been warned) that soul does not exist. A big battle ensued over soul. My father admitted he lost very privately. It triggered a very deep depression.

Someone posing as an active anointed Witness uses the word soul as though it were normal for Witnesses now.

Is the on the list of five thousands important changes in doctrine within a short period.

Thanks for the info. I can't go to the Witness site. It triggers crippling emotions.

• tec
    tec

btt

(I can't answer because I'm not a witness, but I don't think it is any different than they used to teach, and if someone posted using it, then that might have been their mistake. Hopefully someone else can answer for you.)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit