Watchtower Study (1/16/2010)

by FrankWTower 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

I was just going over this week's WT study and I found this paragraph (p. 6) that I found so mind boggling, that I want to share:

As mentioned in the preceding article, a fundamental goal that you can set is to prove to yourself that what is said in the Bible is true. (Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 13:5) Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines because others have told them that this is what they should believe. However, you can rise above such thinking when it comes to your own beliefs. Remember, Jehovah wants you to serve him with your whole mind. (Read Matthew 22:36, 37.) Our heavenly Father wants you to build your faith on evidence.—Heb.11:1.

Prove to yourself that what is said in the bible is true? Do they mean their bible (NWT)? Or their interpretation of the bible?

Our peers believe stuff because that's what we've been taught? Or because we accept their teachings if they're reasonable and based on evidence?

Build faith on evidence? What? That makes no sense. Belief in the bible requires faith because evidence is scarce. What evidence?

OK. Let me get back to the study :-P

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Yeah I remember that one. The irony was almost enough to make me physically ill. Instead, I just cracked up and burned the damn thing in the fireplace.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Proving to yourself is a good idea. The problem is that, according to a KM from not too long ago (can't find it right now), the only publications you should use for research and the only ones you need are the WT publications.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines salvation is dependent on being part of an organization because othersthe Governing Body the faithful slave has told them that this is what they should believe. However, you can rise above such thinking when it comes to your own beliefs. Remember, Jehovah wants you to serve him with your whole mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit